• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by v10.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reducing travel on Fox 36 Floats?
  • heihei

Anyone know if you can reduce the travel internally on the current 36 Floats?

doof_doof
    Free Member

yes with the standard spacer arrangement. details on the fox site.

Gary_C

As above.
    The only thing that it doesn’t make clear on the Fox website is if the spacer is already inside the fork,(it isn’t).
    Phone mojo & they’ll despatch one,they’re only a couple of quid.I did mine a couple of months ago,dropped the travel by 30mm,by using one spacer,(use two for 60mm drop).
    Easy job to do if you follow the excellent instructions on the site.

heihei

Cheers for the replies. Can you adjust by anything other than 30mm incremenets, and does it drop the a-c height?

v10
    Free Member

They used to make 20mm spacers so you could run 100/120/140/160 but im pretty sure they only have 30mm ones now, worth an ask though.

Yes, it does reduce the a2c. Used to run some at 100mm myself on the 4x bike, nice and simple to fit, if you do it all upsidedown you shouldnt even need to replace any oil.

heihei

Cheers v10. Have sent an email to Mojo to ask. Would it be possible to chop one of the spacers up, to give say 10-15mm of reduction?

v10
    Free Member

Dont see why not, they clip onto the damping rod pretty tightly.

They are all this sort of shape:
    _____
    \       /
    |       |
    |       |
    / ___\

So as long as you have the wider sections top and bottom to spread the load i dont think you would have any problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reducing travel on Fox 36 Floats?’ is closed to new replies.