Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reducing travel on 160mm Pike RTC3
  • trailgit

Looking for some advice from anyone who may have done this already. Am I right in thinking that I can reduce the travel of my 27.5 160mm RTC3 Pike (2016 model) by simply switching out the 160mm air shaft for the appropriate 27.5 130mm or 140mm air shaft?

batman11
    Free Member

In a nut shell yep.

trailgit

Cheers @batman11 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

If you can do a lower leg service and use some circlip pliers, then yes, it is easy. Hardest part is the tab and getting the circlip off and then back on again.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I struggled with the circlip for a while because the circlip is hard up against the plastic head so you can’t get the circlip piers on properly to compress the clip without the pliers slipping. But if you get a screw driver or something similar, and place the end on the plastic head and a few firm taps with a hammer, you can slide the plastic head up enough to give a few mm of clearance allowing you to get the circlip pliers on better then it is easy peasy.

alzore
    Free Member

Lots of videos online but found it a quick and easy job…

as above, the circlip can be a pain but push hard on the plastic head.

I am just about to post a 27.5 140mm air shaft in the “For Sales” if any help

trailgit

Cheers for the info guys. Much appreciated!

alzore, I’ve just ordered a 130mm air shaft as that’s the max travel specc’d on my 2015 Commencal Trail.

trailgit

Actually alzore, I might just take it off your hands. What’s the damage?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reducing travel on 160mm Pike RTC3’ is closed to new replies.