Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reducing travel in Slants
  • Scapegoat

Anybody able to give me a step by step guide to reducing the travel in an XFusion Slant? Currently running at 160 on my Mojo HD 140, and it great downhill, but a bit too high for climbs. I seem to remember being told it can be dropped to 150 using a ladder pin? Q

russyh
    Free Member

There is a video of how to do it on their website http://www.xfusionshox.com/service/service-videos.html, looks fairly simple if you have the tool!

merynella
    Free Member

It can be dropped to 140, 120, 100 by moving the ladder pin; for 150 you’ll need to make an extra hole. Suspension service providers will do this for you if you don’t want to do it yourself. Perhaps try at 140 first?

ThePinkster

Genuine question this – will 10mm make that much difference?

I have no idea to be honest, it just sounds like it wouldn’t really be noticeable to me.

Scapegoat

Well, it feels like its a too tall at the front. I could reduce them to 140, and in any case I have a feeling slants are already tall, with 170mm visible stanchion. I set the sag to about 30% and am running 20 mm spacers with a 25mm riser. I could try slamming the stem, but then I quite liked the way this setup ran on the faster bermy stuff I rode yesterday. It was certainly awesome on drops and rocks. However, it lifted like a bastard on climbs. I suppose I could try reducing the stem by 10mm, but that wouldn’t alter bb height etc.

ThePinkster

Cheers, thanks for the reply.

My Slants have exactly the a to c measurement as the 160 Lyriks they replaced so I’m not sure they’re taller than any other similar fork, just a lot lighter.

daveh
    Free Member

You can do 150 by adding a spacer to 140, no need to drill.

daveh
    Free Member

And a-c:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reducing travel in Slants’ is closed to new replies.