Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reducing Axle to Crown length in Revelation RL Ti, possible?
  • acjim
    Free Member

I think I’d like to try my Revelation 150’s in a 130 mode if I can reduce the A2C length without major surgery.

Anyone know if this is possible, either DIY or via a Suspension tuners?

james
    Free Member

So you can drop A2C by dropping travel

How striaghtforward this will be will depends on what model year your fork is?
    afaik 2013 require a new air assembly for a new travel
    and afaik upto 2012 are doable at home. Drop the lowers (As per a lowers oil change), then open up the air spring side, disamble as per the rockshox service instructions and add in 20mm of sapcers into the air spring (as per instructions).
    If I remember rightly, the RS spacers are a total rip (Fox being £1 ea?) so I bodged mine with a stack of metal washers beyong the travel limit rockshox say you can*. Subsequent services have revealed no damage, though they were out of warranty so less worried

*2008 Revs were stock 130mm, say you can drop to 115mm. I dropped to 100mm (now 120mm) with wasghers. I suspect the 115mm limit may stem from Rebas of the same age were max of 115mm

RS service instructions will be somewhere fairly easy to findI think wihtin the service area of the RS/SRAM site. You’ll just need the model year to get the right instructions

EDIT: Seems I read but didn’t take in the RL(T) Ti bit. So 2011 onward
    Find the service instructions for them and then look for a section on travel reduction, then you’ll know how doable it is

LoCo
    Free Member

Dual air, yes with spacers, if you can service them you can fit a spacer yourself.

Solo air (2013) you need a new air speing assembly, again if you can service them you can fit yourself as it’s a straight swap.
    We can supply any parts you need or carry the work out for you if necessary. 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reducing Axle to Crown length in Revelation RL Ti, possible?’ is closed to new replies.