Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reduced offset 29er fork options?
  • CrispyCSW

I’ve got a hankering for Transition Smuggler, and having missed the boat on the 2017 models (can’t find an XL frame anywhere) I’ve been looking at the 2018 models which are designed around reduced offset forks (between 42-44mm). I’m not really keen on the build kits they offer (particularly the Fox 34 on the GX build kit) so would prefer to buy frame only and build up the spec myself. The problem is availability (or lack of) of aftermarket reduced offset forks.

What options are there for 140mm 29er forks with 42-44mm offset? The closest I can see is the MRP Ribbon which offers a 46mm offset “by special request” or the Pike looks to be available in 46mm offset as well.

trusty

Ohlins 34? Still 46mm offset though

chiefgrooveguru

Is it worth asking the distributor if they’ll supply a frame and fork package?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah, you’d think they’d be offering F&F sets if they were really behind the idea.

Transition full-builds are a bit shit for VFM I agree.

alanm
    Free Member

Pretty sure Pedals in Edinburgh can get you an offset fork if you are buying a frame

CrispyCSW

I’ve spoken to Transition and they are offering reduced offset Fox 34 Performance Elite and Rockshox Pike RCT3’s for sale with the Frames BUT they have no control on what the local distributor decides to stock / offer and according to Windwave they will only be offering the Fox 34, which is a bit annoying.

I’ll have to speak to my local Transition dealer to see if they can source a Pike to go with the frame.

transition1
    Free Member

You might be lucky with a Smuggler but I think orders for new Senital will be close to xmas by then I reckon Mojo will be bringing out an offset fork of their own & would be worth waiting for.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reduced offset 29er fork options?’ is closed to new replies.