Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Redlands (Surrey Hills) just got a new jump…
  • youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Been out wielding the shovel. Nothing fancy just a 1 foot lip on a fast bit of down hill. Resisted the temptation to go big. Keep it small and lower the bar for everyone so as to encourage more to try a bit of jumping.

Does it say something that I get more pleasure from building a jump than a actually jumping it myself? Vicarious pleasure from others jumping…

Just north of the reservoir, on the track going down to Dorking parallel to the road coming out opp logmore lane.

nuke

After your last ‘jump‘ thread, I just can’t decide whether this is trolling or you’re a bit special 😕

…first rule of Redlands and all that

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sell up and move to Whistler.
    Live in a shed, but get all teh sikk radnezz you crave.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Sshhhhh.

simondbarnes

What a **** stupid thing to do

nealglover
    Free Member

Nothing fancy just a 1 foot lip on a fast bit of down hill.

Yeah… erm… That sounds sensible 😕

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Always the same keyboard warriors on this forum… Do/can any of u lot actually ride a bike? Anything that remotely challenges the received opinion of the inert middle aged is apparently trolling. Phew, that feels better…

MartynS

Yep, can ride a bike. Was out today actually.
    What I ride might not be what you want to ride and vice versa. It’s a bit twatty to force your riding on me on a public trail

nuke

Oh you really dont get it OP. Plenty of folk do their bit, some folk on here, but, certainly if its ‘cheeky’ like *everything* on Redlands, the last thing you do is want to shout about it on forums. Riders find new stuff but it’s a thankless job so don’t come on here expecting a pat on the back

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Ooops, forget to ask, don’t you ‘rubber on the ground guys’ just get tired of always taking the chicken run? Have you ever considered golf? Ha Ha – I’m even laughing at my own jokes now.

Come on I need some help here guys…

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

I don’t force jumps on anyone, that would just be silly. The jump has a new line to it. The old line preserved for those who want to take it. Just offering more options for the ambitious.

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Squawk Squawk, or is that cheep cheep?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And now you’re talking to yourself.

Idiot or troll? I’m still not sure.

njee20
    Free Member

You’re a moron.

MartynS

So you’ve gone and made a trail much wider than it needs to be.
    Twatty

Don’t want to play golf… It’s a bit dull.

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

I’m just a bloke who rides a bike and likes the adrenalin of a challenge…

nealglover
    Free Member

Idiot or troll? I’m still not sure.

Both.

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Actually I find this forum a bit challenging at times…

njee20
    Free Member

I’ll bet. Why not go outside and play in traffic? Cleanse the gene pool a little!

Schools must go back soon?

nuke

I’m just a bloke who rides a bike and likes the adrenalin of a challenge…

a 1 foot lip

😆

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Adrenaline of a challenge. A 1 foot lip 😀
    Brilliant. Today’s top troll.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Adrenaline of a challenge.

Sounds like the shit second album of some shit emo band. 😀

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

No, the 1 foot lip is to encourage those new to jumping. Call at a service to the biking community… Lets encourage people to participate and widen their skills. Not going to do that with a 15ft gap jump. Those that can do that stuff know where to find it. Shot down and accused of trollery by a bunch of ‘chicken runners’ questioning my altruism.

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Squawk Squawk…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Altruism?

Right……

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Considering becoming a keyboard warrior myself now. Actually, for self serving amusement on a Sunday night it’s not bad, beats Poldark on catchup…

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Maybe, without realising it, I am a troll?

njee20
    Free Member

At least 50% of the posts are you replying to your own posts. That makes you a moron. Not an altruist or anything else of the sorts.

singletrackmind

Actually its Monday……

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Only having a laugh on, as rightly observed, Monday night. Mmm… now where should I build my next jump? Suggestions on a postcard…

professor_fate
    Free Member

Spent this weekend catching up with Afan – Blade is new to me since my last trip and it’s excellent, got the wheels off the ground and everything! And to cap off a great trip just caught up with Poldark on the iplayer… what’s not to like?

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Almost forgot: Squawk Squawk…

jam-bo

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The problem is you haven’t got any wood work take my local cheeky DH area for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6prMlC7UkU

No I didn’t build it or any of the other features.

youshouldknowbetter
    Free Member

Hey that looks good! If I built anything like that in the Surrey Hills I’d have a price on my head and get hunted down and killed by the keyboard warriors on this forum.

Are you by any chance a troll? Sorry, that seeems to be the standard response on here if you are of the ‘air time persuasion’…

njee20
    Free Member

You get accused of being a troll because of your stupidity at building on trails in a very contentious and well used part of the country. That you don’t see that is ridiculous, so either you’re a moron, you’re completely self centred or you’re just trolling.

It’s also illegal.

Can I come and build a jump in your back garden?

deadkenny
    Free Member

I enjoy the fun stuff around there and appreciate the work, but it is very contentious and it’s also the done thing to keep it quiet, don’t do anything that will catch people out and drag the emergency services into the situation also (thus getting the attention of the ranger/owner).

Redlands signs at the moment. We don’t want to make things worse. Publicly advertising new jumps there is the worst thing to do.

stany
    Free Member

One of the good things around there is that the local riders will and do get a little protective of the area.
    Anything that may threaten the fragile relationship (if you can call it that) has a very short future.
    Thankfully the OP has only made a 1′ lip. That should take all of a minute to put back in its hole.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

One suspects the OP is well aware of the contentiousness of what he’s done, but rather enjoys the attention he garners by posting about it on here.

That & he enjoys winding up the actives.

Rather sad really..

matt_outandabout

The OP has been captured on film.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Redlands (Surrey Hills) just got a new jump…’ is closed to new replies.