• This topic has 90 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Redlands (Surrey Hills) – FC dismantling trails
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Gotama – Member
    Anyway, three pages in now so most of those planning on a surrey hills trip will be heading Redlands way now!

Any chance of splitting the thread into two mods? Or just kill the Redlands talk at the beginning 😉 First rule of Redlands is don’t talk about Redlands 😛

mattjg
    Free Member

^^ something we can all agree on!

WaywardRider
    Free Member

I’d of thought everyone would be heading over to winterfold looking for ‘evian’ or is that a deliberate ploy??

WaywardRider
    Free Member

If you can’t handle the modest challenge of evian then Redlands is a reach too far…

superfli
    Free Member

Shame if Redlands trails get demolished, only ridden them once, early summer last year and they were pretty good. A lovely dusty day it was, a good gap jump and then into a rocky gully was one of the trails I remember. Anyway, thats what happens on cheeky trails, they get smashed, they get rebuilt 🙂

As for the “dangerous” bombhole on Evian, well as other have said, its not a trail centre. Go round it! If it needs work, patch it up! TBH I’ve never noticed any issue with Evian, but then I dont often ride it in winter, maybe it does get worn.

Even better stuff not on the Surrey Hills anyway….:)

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

80% of the time, the place is deserted! Some of the voices on here make it sound like bad day in Beirut!

Absolutely. The WB thing is really odd – there are a lot of riders out on a weekend now but they congregate in an unnecessarily small area. This summer we did some great rides on quality Singletrack riding from BoxHill to Winterfokd and barely saw anyone away from Peaslake.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Simon – I do a regular loop starting from Box Hill and up to the YHA car park, I rarely bump into anyone. Even after the YHA car park I hardly see a soul. Its not until I get to the top from Deathstar that regular meetings with other bikers takes place.

maxtorque

njee20
    This is the trail, drop at 0:46

I’m surprised that rider can actually see any of the trail past all that sh*te they’ve got nailed to their bars!!! 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m surprised that rider can actually see any of the trail past all that sh*te they’ve got nailed to their bars!!!

Hahaha I thought that.

marclelliott

Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned. But why can’t people just go for a ride with out all the bomb holes, drop offs, trying to kill yourselves type of stuff? I spent my formative mountain biking years on the South Downs around Eastbourne where there wasn’t all this sort of stuff and I just wanted to make my legs stronger and try to keep fit. I can assure you that there are plenty of long and fun rides around the Surrey Hills that you all can do without upsetting locals who don’t ride bikes. Leave Redlands alone, most of you will never find the good trails and if you run my dog over when I’m walking her there will be trouble!!

Just start another thread about the hills around Dorking please, I may not want to ride in Redlands but let’s not spoil the fun for those that do!!

Sui
    Free Member

Well people have been doingbthis shit for years, it’s fun.

Just to plug my other post,
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/something-for-friday-night-surrey-hills-old-skool-shore-time

What is around now is no harder (less so I think) than what it was years ago..

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Redlands (Surrey Hills) – FC dismantling trails’ is closed to new replies.