Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Redirected…
  • Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Anyone else getting redirected?
    It’s been worse than usual over the last couple of days.
    I keep getting redirected to somewhere called Sports best.

bruneep

You have a P do you have adverts off?

mjsmke

Yeah getting the same here.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Nothing at all this weekend for me

harrytoo
    Free Member

Been the worst ever for me this weekend.

Embarrassing conversation with the Mrs asking why I was talking with naked Russian women online. FFS that could have been my 8 year old daughter walking into the room.

So we are in a position now where to make browsing the Free forum safe we have to take out a Subscription for £15. Yes this is a great resource, and one that I value, however the subscription should be an option not a necessity.

How long until these pop ups cause the first STW referral divorce or sacking.

Why are the Mods staying quiet on this, surely there should have been an immediate sticky to the top of the forum warning people that these redirects are happening rather than those with the Power “P” point everyone in the direction of paying to use a free service.

However, looks to have taken a twist if the P members are now being redirected…… might actually see some action….

pitduck
    Free Member

this is nice thread,shame if something were to happen to it,PAY the RANSOM and keep your mouth shut 😐

mikewsmith
    Free Member

However, looks to have taken a twist if the P members are now being redirected…… might actually see some action….

there have been a heap of threads on it
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/problem-with-adverts
    Nothing here as a P though some people seem to have missed they can turn off ads as a P.
    AFAIK the mods are here to moderate the forum not fix it and won’t have access to the ad settings, if the tech guys are off for the weekend then it won’t get looked at until they are back.

belugabob
    Free Member

Also had this, over the weekend, and found it quite disconcerting, as I had just done a clean install of Windows & started to have all sorts of horrible thoughts about malware/viruses.

Surel it’s possible to have adverts without completely hijacking the page and redirecting the user while they are happily reading a thread.
    Having a “good behaviour” policy for advertiser’s may help.

whitestone
    Free Member

Having a “good behaviour” policy for advertiser’s may help.

One of the mods explained in a previous thread about redirects just how difficult this is. The adverts that get delivered to any site come from several combined suppliers each of which aggregates adverts from several suppliers each of which, etc. Look at a diagram of it all and it’s a mess. Any one of the advertising companies could have been hacked. Figuring out just where an advert originates from isn’t easy.

Didn’t see anything dubious via Safari on my iPad over the weekend. Not a Premier user and no adblocker. I occasionally get “The operation could not be completed” popups from this site, presumably it’s an advert failing to load, blocks the site until I dismiss it.

giantalkali
    Free Member

By the power of Greyskull this is doing my freaking crust! Three attempts to post this alone. Utter shiteballs redirects ending up in a virus / scam page. It’s not 2004, there are ways to host forums without this shite.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Happening every 10 mins now for me. Luckily my work computer is slow enough for me to press the back button. Making it a pain to view the forum at home though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Redirected…’ is closed to new replies.