Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Redhat
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the window manager you get with Redhat?

May need something with no 3d effects but that is not shite.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Why Redhat? Try CentOS (owned by Redhat but more community driven) CentOS

AdamW
    Free Member

GNOME. I installed Fedora 21 t’other day as I will eventually have to hit systemd and wanted to gen up on it. I chose workstation and it comes up with their strange window manager designed for touch too.

Otherwise try mint or something as that’s quite good.

nullpointer
    Free Member

Metacity if it’s gnome 2, mutter if it’s gnome 3.

Or you possibly meant desktop shell? In which case rhel 7 is gnome 3 and takes some getting used to. I use xfce for something simpler.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Most distow allow you to install your which ever one you want and swap. xfce is quite a good light weight one. Or go for FVWM if you want something really old school looking! Edited because to the not shite requirement.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why Redhat?

The one that comes with RH just seems nicer than all the other plain unaccelerated ones.

I did mean desktop shell, I think, yes 🙂

oldnpastit

Systemd… Echoes of a distant flamewar.

molgrips
    Free Member

Trying Gnome3 in a VM.

monkeychild
    Free Member

The one that comes with RH just seems nicer than all the other plain unaccelerated ones.

Redhat is more aimed at the enterprise world (give us dosh for support). CentOS has a great community following. They are essentially the same product, but one isn’t after your dosh.

But for the desktop environment, XCFE is nice and lightweight as said up there.

Metacity is the default windows manager in Gnome.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Redhat’ is closed to new replies.