Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Redbull soapbox race, mad but I fancy building one
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Anyone else thinking of entering?

http://soapbox.redbull.co.uk/home

leffeboy

Not thinking of making one but watched a race last year. Must be horribly hard on the carts as lots fell to bits before the end. Looks great fun though!

The amount of work red bull put in was amazing with lots of big cameras as well as one of those helicopter camera thingies with one person flying it and the other driving the camera while wearing a pair of specs presumably showing what the camera sees. Great entertainment

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thought the same last night when I saw the ad. What about two identical full sussers side by side? Bit of bracing between. Bingo!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    giantx4
    Free Member

Looks mental ont advert!

matt_outandabout

The Aviemore one always appealed, having ridden down that road once…

stavromuller
    Free Member

Saw it at Rounday Park, Leeds a few years ago and it was a real hoot. Some of the engineering is very impressive with disc brakes, quick rack streering, etc but most of it was shonky and smashed up a treat on the second or third corner. Do it and become a legend!

killwillforchips
    Free Member

FLIPPIN eck lad i wanna make one un all!

Whose for it then?

(Hora need not apply. This is for the big boys)

hora
    Free Member

Grow up and stop trolling.

wors

Some of the engineering is very impressive with disc brakes, quick rack streering, etc

😯

The ones we used to make was a collection of bits of wood nicked from one of our dads garages and some pram wheels, a stick was attached to the main plank of wood to act as a brake! 😆

andyl
    Free Member

I quite fancy this. just wondering what theme to go for.

sharkbait
    Free Member

hehe……. what tyres for a soapbox?

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve sent off for the application form. Me and a guy at work (we’re engineers and the boss is supporting it) are gonna have a go 🙂
    Any ideas for a theme?

andyl
    Free Member

Monster Energy can? 😉

turboferret

I know of someone who took the chain off his racing go-kart and was very competitive.

Apparently not within the spirit of the event though 😀

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Redbull soapbox race, mad but I fancy building one’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts