Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

That has some real *sharp intake of breath* moments. Awesome!

ton

hats off to anyone who can blat down something like that.

hatter

Wow, proper twitchy bum time there, fair play, looking forward to seeing the full edit.

warpcow
    Free Member

There’s a distinct lack of swearing and screaming on those GoPro runs.

chiefgrooveguru

“Only a few riders were invited and I was ecstatic to be one of those! The course was incredible, scary and difficult; usually tracks have average sections linking up the jumps, but Dan did an amazing job of making the sections link together seamlessly and scaring the living daylights out of us!”

says Danny Hart, the man who did this a few years back:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfMQdFGTKAs[/video]

Burchy1
    Free Member

full film here – Linky

EDIT – Sorry already in the OP

scruff
    Free Member

Brilliant, shows just what they can do away from the UCI ‘bland for a pro’ tracks.

Dave Pearce even sent his best uplift Landy 😀

Gotama
    Free Member

No Sam Hill? Thought this would have been right up his street.

scruff
    Free Member

Looks to be invites from Redbull, so not many Monster stickers on helmets. Would be great for a future after season mini-series.

kayak23

Can’t believe that’s in Wales really. Seems mega long.
    Looks great, and looking forward to the footage.

wwaswas

It’s ok, I did some nervous squeaks and a bit of muttered swearing on his behalf whilst watching it.

cakefest
    Free Member

where in Wales is that?

Notter
    Free Member

Sheeeeeeeeeeet………

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dyfi (Dan lives there now)

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Hardline more like Insaneline.

mattjg
    Free Member

What are the “UCI restrictions” they are talking about?

carlphillips
    Free Member

That’s what a dh race track should look like!!

emsz
    Free Member

😯

‘kin hell. No way in a million years

roverpig

Much as I admire their courage I wonder whether that does anything to widen the appeal of mountain biking to the general public. Even I tend to look at it and think “that’s just stupid” and I imagine a lot of folk would just view it as Darwinism in action. Fair play to them though, they seemed to be having fun.

mattjg
    Free Member

Much as I admire their courage I wonder whether that does anything to widen the appeal of mountain biking to the general public.

I doubt it does, but that’s not the aim. The aim is to sell more cans of RedBull.

jameso

That’s amazing .. don’t watch many DH videos and was thinking “Holy —- is that normal in DH now?!”
    Considering how gopro seems to flatten things off and make it look slower than reality, some of that seems insanely fast. That road gap almost went by unnoticed.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Much as I admire their courage I wonder whether that does anything to widen the appeal of mountain biking to the general public. Even I tend to look at it and think “that’s just stupid” and I imagine a lot of folk would just view it as Darwinism in action. Fair play to them though, they seemed to be having fun.

Whereas I look at that and think that its a lot closer to what grassroots DH is actually like (except the woodwork stunts). Proper SINGLEtrack. Gnarly tech sections, where you could really come a cropper if you go off line. Dodgy looking jumps with an assortment of death if you come up short. Sure it’s on a bigger scale to your local woods, but the ethos is the same – build it then shred it. I’d love a crack at the tech rock bits, but sod doing the jumps and drops!

creamegg
    Free Member

I agree with jon^^^

Awesome riding and would love more trails like this at bike park wales world cup dh events

chakaping
    Free Member

some of that seems insanely fast.

The bit where he’s railing the berms in the woods looks speeded up.

😯

billysugger
    Free Member

Haulin

darrenspink
    Free Member

Plenty of clapping at the end there 🙄

I wonder if Ratboy could do this, Dan is pretty hardcore.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Awesome riding and would love more trails like this at bike park wales world cup dh events

I hate to say it, but what would the women ride…

johnj2000
    Free Member

“How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big” best quote ever 🙂

Other vid is scary as anything, the road jump is ridiculous but the thing that gets me is the narrow nature of the other sections, I’d be hard pushed to stay on the trail it’s so narrow.

MSP

I swear there was an alligator pit half way down.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Some of those trees come past a bit quick and close! Glass it is in Dyfi though, thought some sections reminded me of an event I had ridden 😉

tom200

I agree with jon^^^

So do I…. Just with smaller gaps!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Bike Park Wales you say, hmmmm I wonder what those trail builders have been working on 😉

jamiesilo
    Free Member

danny hart? ‘ecstatic’ ?
    haha
    : )

soobalias
    Free Member

watched the Danny Hart headcam first and i did notice the road gap.

then the pic ^^ whoa muvvahukkin’ell shows how big it really is.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

This just shows that elite riders are just on another level.

dti

part of the dyfi playground that just keeps on giving.

Lifer
    Free Member

That is brilliant and Dan is a freaking legend.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Bit dull. Would much rather watch Danny Hart riding Champery in the rain, far more impressive set of skills involved. You can watch people ride big drops at the redbull rampage, with the added bonus that they’ll back flip them aswell.

mattjg
    Free Member

lol @ ‘bit dull’

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!’ is closed to new replies.