Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Red weather warning- so why is the Man City/Arsenal match going ahead?
  • hora
    Free Member

Am I missing something? The weather is pretty wild already here. Surely sending thousands extra people on the motorways to here is going to make matters worse? The News also warned about flying objects due to the exceptionally high winds causing death or injury.

So why should a large sporting event happen?

(No Im not miffed that I cant go to my gym next door tonight for a sauna/Jacuzzi for my manflu at all).

theotherjonv

Well – for a start it’s in London, so wet but no where near as blowey as in n.Wales and the NW. And second, it’s not city but utd, so their fans don’t have to risk the motorway and will be able to get the tube to the ground from their sw London homes.

Potentially a valid question for the man city, Everton and stoke games though.

hora
    Free Member

doh I mean City v Sunderland tonight.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Man United. And it’s in London, where it’s currently 25 degrees, still and sunny.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

OP: This is entirely normal weather for S*****land residents.

hora
    Free Member

The wind is already starting 😯

Crackers.

binners

Can I pre-empt the obvious comments and state that the United fans won’t have far to travel. So they’ll just be able to have a few beers and hop on the tube after a memorable victory 😛

I think the weather is better the further north you go. In a reversal of the usual order of things. So Sunderland should be fine.

You are aware its us who are set for 100 mph winds this evening. Dave is sending us all a blank cheque to cover any damage

hora
    Free Member

Ramsbottom has a team Binners? Or do you support Bury now?

BadlyWiredDog

Am I missing something? The weather is pretty wild already here. Surely sending thousands extra people on the motorways to here is going to make matters worse?

No, the weather will be the same regardless of people on the motorway, The whole idea that traffic causes bad weather is a fallacy.

binners

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I’m in london village right now and its orrible, very very strong swirling winds and pretty torential rain, a bit like a car wash. not nice. real men would still play footie in this but premier league wouldnt shock me if they didnt play in case they broke a fingernail. might give moyes time to work out a way to win with the old red guard who really should be retired now.

hora
    Free Member

DANGER! DANGER! High Voltage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-26144535

portlyone

Think it’s only amber for Manchester. Red for areas to the north of that.

Jamie
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Red weather warning- so why is the Man City/Arsenal match going ahead?’ is closed to new replies.