Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Red route at Brechfa – closed?
  • lister

I saw something on here last night, but there is nothing on the mbwales site.

Is it open at the mo, and is there an easy way to the tp of the last downhill without pushing up?

I'm taking some beginners on the blue/green route tomorrow and thought I's show them the last DH after that if they fancied something more challenging.

Cheers

nickegg
    Free Member

It is offically closed but seeing as they don't usually do logging on a sunday, and they weren't doing any last sunday when we did the Enduro, i'd suggest it's ok.

No idea how you get up to the start of the descent though. I've only done it as part of the red or black trails.

Sorry, that wasn't much help!

mAx_hEadSet

having worked a lot with the Forestry Commission with mtb access in Wales, if the trail says closed than treat it as such, The FC are famous for being over sensitive when it comes to health and safety, not least because the industry has one of the highest accident records.

If MTB riders are seen to make personal choices as to whether they take heed of notices that are in force and the likelihood is they will act by introducing more severe restrictions widening the area rather than saying to riders its ok to take pot luck and try your chance.

After the race fatality at Clocaenog a few years ago, FC Wales policy is usually suspend all harvesting operations in the vicinity of any bike races not least to ensure contractors vehicles will not then be needing to drive about the roads.

niloC
    Free Member

The Red is still closed, it was opened specially for last weekends enduro, they are logging near to the garden section or the second to last descent and machinery are useing the fire roads that link some of the singletrack, they are not working near the last descent and the is no easy way up, no up lift, just pedal or push I'm afraid!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Red route at Brechfa – closed?’ is closed to new replies.