Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Red Riding
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

ChrisS, One must assume that you’re incredibly intelligent by agreeing with the Telegraph review.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Did they have PVC windows and doors in 1980? I’m sure that vicar blokes house had them.

mt
    Free Member

I don’t remember everything being so brown, that viva could have at least been lemon yellow with a black vinyl room, not seen anyone in red 4″ stacked heeled with gold stars on (I had some, blame bowie). Punk rock saved me from a life multi coloured tank tops and 30″ wafters. Man I was in me prome then.
    Good good program, I remember the ripper stuff really well as everyone got questioned at work, some thing to do £ note serial numbers I think, scary times. Brilliant.
    Parts of Ossett really are to rough for the worst shots of the program.

ChrisS
    Free Member

@ gizzardman – okay I’ll bite…. WTF is that supposed to mean?

bionicwoman
    Free Member

really good, to be fair you needed to watch the first to get the ending of the second, best thing on TV really dark and twisted!

MrNutt
    Free Member

it was set in 1974?!?

I thought it was live from Wigan!

JonBurns
    Free Member

First episode was 1974 second episode 1980. What’s the reference with Ossett was it filmed there? Just curious as I’m from there. 😆

samuri
    Free Member

Jesus, yeah, forgot about everyone smoking….LOTS.

Yep it was horrendous. Reminded me of last time I was down in the smoke with just about everyone walking along Liverpool street at 8:30am with a fag in their mouth. Glad it’s not like that up North anymore.

noteeth
    Free Member

Concludes tonight!

ChrisS
    Free Member

Caught up with the second episode the other day, found it a bit annoying.

Couldn’t really believe the female police officer would go off with the priest to have an abortion within minutes of meeting him. Thought that the police chap sent in to investigate as he was supposed to be incorruptible turning out to have had an affair was just frustrating. Didn’t understand why the home office etc just abandoned the chap investigating simply because he’d had an affair and despite his house having been burnt down and lot’s of evidence of corruption. Don’t understand why the investigation into the shooting in the first episode wasn’t just restarted after a decent interval for the chap to recover from his wife’s miscarriage.

Can’t decide whether to bother with tonight’s, will probably end up watching it in the hope that all the baddies get their comeuppance in a suitable dramatic manner, however the trailer made it look like the plot was going to be exactly the same as the previous two episodes.

Ho hum.

cinnamon_girl

And the STW verdict is?

grievoustim
    Free Member

liked it – it all came together and made episode 1 make more sense

would like to watch it all again now, think it will benefit from a 2nd watch – but I think I might read the books first

nickc

Aha…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

VERY nasty indeed 🙁

MrSmith
    Free Member

had me gripped even if it was the weakest episode of the 3 (IMHO)
    would like to have seen the whole corrupt police house of cards come crashing down though

noteeth
    Free Member

Hooray for the fat solicitor!!

richpips
    Free Member

It was good. Dark and depressing though.

Great photography.

noteeth
    Free Member

It was like The Bill crossed with Blue Velvet.

franki
    Free Member

Quality programme!
    I wish it had been on consecutive nights though, rather than a week apart as it took me a while in each case, to get back into it and remember what had gone on before and who was who.

Oh, yeah, the ad-breaks really p!$$ me off as well and ruin the tension and flow.
    I don’t watch much TV and (for this very reason)even less independant TV.

Those gripes aside, the show itself was superb. 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Red Riding’ is closed to new replies.