Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Red light cameras catch you for speeding too!
  • bigad40
    Free Member

Just found out the hard way!

Self righteous ranting coming up…..

jam-bo

Yep. found that out the hard way. All the traffic light cameras in Devon have been converted.

jimjam
    Free Member

What’s a red light camera?

jim25

Do they work permanently? Or just when you activate them after going through the light?

GrahamS

Do they flash?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I got reprogrammed after jumping a red light a couple of years ago & I’m sure it also had the speed on the image,(I wasn’t speeding) so just did the traffic light course

milky1980
    Free Member

The ones in Cardiff have been on for over a year now, catch people all the time. Regularly see them flashing away.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Self righteous ranting coming up…..

As opposed to condoning illegal driving practices….. Which is the lesser of the three evils? 😕

scotroutes

Speeding – hmm

Speeding across a junction??

jam-bo

They are active on green.
    They do flash.

Northwind

I speed all the time but I don’t think it’s a very good idea to do it through a lighted junction tbh, cameras or no… Keep your speeding for appropriate times, like when you’re late for tea.

bigad40
    Free Member

54 in 40 zone!
    Now I’m waiting to hear if it’s points or an awareness course.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Thats not a new thing…

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

54 in a 40 zone!

I’ll bet on points

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can you claim STRAVA?

Simon

Me too. Too fast for a speed awareness course.
    Which doesn’t make sense, surely the speedier speeders are the ones more in need of re-education?

jam-bo

Speed awareness courses are for those that are either unaware of the limits or that they were speeding.

At 54 in a 40 you were well aware you were speeding…

scotroutes

Speedo likely to be reading nearer 60?

jambalaya
    Free Member

AFAIK 54 in a 40 is too fast to avoid the points with an awareness course. Awareness courses are for if you are speeding by a relatively small amount.

GrahamS

54 mph through a junction with traffic lights??!? 😯

I’m going to need a bigger ladder.

jonba
    Free Member

Bustaspoke – Member
    I got reprogrammed after jumping a red light a couple of years ago & I’m sure it also had the speed on the image,(I wasn’t speeding) so just did the traffic light course

I’m intrigued as to what the content of the traffic light course was. Was it short, not much content needed?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Whats the laws on these operating when there are no speed camera signs? I thought there always had to be some sort of warning that there may be speed cameras?

deadkenny
    Free Member

The ones I know about are obvious. Big camera on top of the traffic light and the markings on the road going across the junction which they need to measure your speed.

Cougar

54 in 40 zone!
    Now I’m waiting to hear if it’s points or an awareness course.

It’s specific to the local force. Lancashire allows 10%+2 which IIRC is in line with ACPO guidelines, so you’d get a fixed penalty for anything over 46mph. I’d suggest you’ve got buckley’s of an awareness course at that speed, your speedo will have been reading somewhere around 60 which is 50% over the limit.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Traffic light course was for a morning,approx 9-1pm.
    I was given the option of taking the course or paying a fine & getting points,I took the former..
    The course I went to was at a hotel near Kirkby (Merseyside police).People on it were convicted of jumping lights in either Merseyside or Greater Manchester.There were probably 100 people attending.The instructors told us to ask other people where they had jumped the lights & the same lights kept coming up.They don’t patronize you or treat you like naughty kids,but to be honest I didn’t learn anything.I was on a dual carriageway doing 50 ish & as the lights changed I booted it instead of hitting the brakes…

GrahamS

I was on a dual carriageway doing 50 ish & as the lights changed I booted it instead of hitting the brakes…

So you went through on amber?

Surprised they did you for that.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

They must have been red as I went through them.The lecturer’s said you do the course if you go through late by a small amount but if you really take the piss they prosecute instead.
    I think most people on the course had jumped lights on Dual Carriageways,where your doing 50/60 or 70 & hit the throttle instead of slamming on the brakes.
    I think it’s a similar thing with the speed awareness,just going a bit quick & you get the option of the course,going way to fast & it’s straight to court.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Red light cameras catch you for speeding too!’ is closed to new replies.