Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Red knob on RP2 stuck?
  • FOG

The red anodised knob under the pro-pedal lever on my RP2 shock is stuck. It makes no difference what position the lever is in, you can just waggle the knob a little without being able to make it click. Am I right in saying this should regulate rebound damping? Any bright ideas?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes it’s the rebound adjuster, either has dirt under the propedal lver or the control rod that runs on a cam inside the shock has jammed itself on the knob and the shock needs to be rebuilt.
    Don’t try and remove the rebound knob as the shock will loose it’s oil and possibly damage the internals

FOG

Thanks for that, a mortgage for a shock rebuild looms!

glenh
    Free Member

You can however remove the propedal lever safely and clean under it. Might help.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Took the propedal lever and the rebound dial off my rp3 and it was ok……

bigyinn
    Free Member

I hope…….

LoCo
    Free Member

Did you get it back in though? 😉

The issue is the control rod will usually pop through into the hole left by the rebound dial pushes by several hundred psi of nitrogen so not best practice 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

I did indeed. The rod was pushind back down a bit, allowing me to get the rebound knob back in.
    I guess my shock has lost most of its nitrogen charge then, as the rod only came back up slowly.
    How much to service the damping assembly and recharge the nitrogen on an RP3 please Mr Loco? (air can bushings are ok, as they we’re done only recently.)

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi big, will reply a bit later today when the little one is having a nap, as still on holiday until Monday 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Simon, thanks for the reply. Hope to sort it out soon.

ukdannyboy
    Free Member

Hey Fog,
    Did you ever get the red rebound knob sorted. The same thing has happened to my rear shock on my Fox RP2. I can’t adjust the rebound and it will occasionally spin if I wiggle it and turn it with a bit of force.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Red knob on RP2 stuck?’ is closed to new replies.