Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Red Kite/Mondraker enduro in Llanwrtyd Wells this weekend- anyone doing it?
  • johnny

As the title really- I’ve just found out I have a weekend free, so I might well give it a go. Anyone else signed up?

Edit: linky

jim25

Yep, considereing it too, Wife is away for the weekend so might drive up and camp in the van. Will decide Wednesday night most likely.

johnny

Sounds about right! Haven’t ridden round there for years so I’m pretty into the idea.

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’ll be there fixing bikes, supplying any bits you might need, and serving up burgers and bacon rolls!

johnny

Bump for the morning. Weather’s looking better for the weekend, should be good! Just wondering if anyone knows a good, dog friendly bunk house in the area?

frogstomp

Yup, we’re up for it.. after rounds 1 & 2 wondering (and worrying) about what Neil will have come up with this time round.. 😕

(I’ll be the one holding everyone else up BTW)

lcfr
    Free Member

Yes! After the last round looking forward to more steep loamy madness..
    🙂

johnny

Its all sounding good! Suddenly finding myself with a free weekend, I did have a bit of a debate about this one, or doing the ‘Welsh Gravity Enduro’ race at Afan. However, I was put off a bit by the idea that the latter would be raced on ‘trail centre’ tracks only. (I’ve been to Afan enough times…)

Especially following on from the racing at QECP last weekend, ‘Steep loamy madness’ seems much more like my thing…. 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I don’t know the course or if Neil has been building, but I do know Crychan and the existing tracks.

I’m guessing it will be rocky, steep, technical and but fast for good riders. More like the Dyfi area than Coed Trallwm.

lcfr
    Free Member

Steep and tech suits too. Really pleased with the trail building they did at Coed Trallwm. Thanks for the heads up on it being rocky, I’ll be putting on some tubeless tyres for this one with better sidewalls.

johnny

All sounds good! I have a pair of yet-to-be-used Hans Dampf Super Gravities to stick on I reckon…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Red Kite/Mondraker enduro in Llanwrtyd Wells this weekend- anyone doing it?’ is closed to new replies.