Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Red Kite Empire Cycles Gravity Enduro 1
  • mrbump
    Free Member

Myself and a few mates are doing this the weekend, anyone else on here doing it?
    http://www.redkite-events.co.uk/event.php?id=10

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Oh hello.

Here.

mrbump
    Free Member

So that’s getonyabike.. Anymore???

chrispo
    Free Member

Me!

To anyone undecided about coming, I’ve ridden all but one of the descents before, you don’t have to be a downhill god (I’m certainly not!), they’re all within the capabilities of the average rider, nothing intimidating (all rollable), pretty varied with something for everyone, the faster you go the harder they get I guess.

Expect a friendly informal low-key vibe. Nice café half way round.

Fingers crossed for the weather!!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

From the rider briefing, I think you can ride round with your mates, so you don’t have fixed start times like at the Mini Enduro and UKGE. Probably a good first Enduro for people thinking of giving it a go.

mrbump
    Free Member

All sounds good to me.

mrbump
    Free Member

Bump

andyrm
    Free Member

Sounds like a great event – but it’s high time we cut “gravity” from Enduro in the UK and catch up with the rest of the world. anything not Enduro as in proper Enduro (rather than riding round ad nauseam for 8/12/24/3568433774 hours) shouldn’t confuse the issue.

chvck
    Free Member

I’m in, sounds like a fun, chilled weekend.

chrispo
    Free Member

Did I understand it right that we get to do timed runs on the first two stages on both Saturday and Sunday?

PS Andy, I see your point but is it actually a problem? After all, I’m doing the Empire gravity enduro next weekend and the Dyfi 60k enduro the following weekend, and I plan to descend as fast as I possibly can in both of them 😉

chvck
    Free Member

Yeah first two stages are raced both days.

mrbump
    Free Member

Same here, doing the Empire Gravity Enduro this weekend and Dyfi Enduro the week after. Dyfi Enduro is an awesome event, my favorite of the year in fact. Are you sugesting that it should change its name? It was called that well before gravity enduro came to this country!

@chrispo yes that is correct.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sounds like a great event – but it’s high time we cut “gravity” from Enduro in the UK and catch up with the rest of the world. anything not Enduro as in proper Enduro (rather than riding round ad nauseam for 8/12/24/3568433774 hours) shouldn’t confuse the issue.

Can’t used the term ‘Gravity Enduro’ Anyway unless you have permission from the TM owner:
    http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00002634344

midwales
    Free Member

The Empire Cycles Enduro round 1(formally the word gravity was in the title) is this weekend.

We have chosen some great timed sections, none of which have right of way on them – so the timed sections are races. The sections in between ride with your mates at your on pace. Start when you want, riders will be set off at intervals on the time sections, great cafe halfway round (used all winter at our XC series), free pasta on saturday night at the Drovers Rest, more riding Sunday, free beer when you finish each day.

We are using a proper ‘chip’ based electronic timing system. The timing will be spot on.

Camping available.

Entry online at http://www.redkite-events.co.uk. A few riders are doing just Sunday.

midwales
    Free Member

Route and the 5 timed sections all marked out for the Empire Cycles Enduro this weekend. Weather looking promising for the weekend. Beer is on chill, free pasta at the Drovers Rest Restaurant on Saturday night for the riders.

Online entry at http://www.redkite-events.co.uk or enter on the day (subject to a surcharge)

chvck
    Free Member

Did you have to select something at registration to only do Sunday? If this weather persists I could be quite tempted to only do Sunday and avoid camping!

kimbers

free beer.

honourablegeorge

DO Empire Cycles sell a lot of bikes? I always thought they were a tiny company – and with the expense of manufacturing their odd cast bikes and now even odder 3D printed ones, I’m amazed they’re still in business, never mind being in a position to sponsor events.

(Great that they are still in business, I like the new ideas)

chvck
    Free Member

Despite the weather that was a really good weekend. Really enjoyed the stages and the chilled out transitions. Will be doing 2 and 3 for sure.

mrbump
    Free Member

@chvck
    Agreed, I’ll be back for more and Neil assures me the next one will be even better!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

He said that the next one will have more sections like stage 4! 😀

chvck
    Free Member

That’d make it even more awesomer!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Red Kite Empire Cycles Gravity Enduro 1’ is closed to new replies.