Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Red Bull Hill Chaser
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Linky

Anyone planning to enter? My mate is the Redbull Rep for Scotland and is trying to get me to participate. I’m far from convinced…

Qualifiers are the night before, up the road by the castle (johnston terrace)

martinxyz
    Free Member

Would love to go watch it.

somafunk

Gareth (monty fae Team GT Racing) has entered this year so i predict he’ll win it, at bristol two years ago he was 2nd, last year he was 3rd due to a missed gear change, this year he’s pretty confidant with regard to the #1 place with the race being on home ground and having been recently tested at the sports science dept at napier he’s putting out more power than he’s ever done before along with carrying less weight, his new zasker is so stiff and bloody quick off the mark so my money is on him, i would enter but i feel it’s only fair to give others a chance as i’d just humiliate everyone 😉 .

Should be a good event and those cobbles will hopefully punish those who choose to ride a skinny tyred roadbike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

How cobbled? Ill wager a mountain bike will still be a hindrance. Still back Gareth though, bloody good rider and a really nice guy!

tpbiker
    Free Member

ah….my mate made out the caliber wasn’t quite as high as that! Maybe I’ll just go watch with some beers instead….

OmarLittle
    Free Member

ive entered i doubt i’ll get past the qualifiers though 😀

Northwind

I think if there were more places I’d enter just for teh lolz, but with so few places available it wouldn’t be right I think. Might head along to watch though

marty
    Free Member

Registered too, but would need a temporary, very localised suspension of gravity to see me get through qualifiers.

Victoria Street isn’t supersteep, but enough of a hill and cobbly enough to hurt. Raced the Nocturne there the first year (for a few laps anyway…). Road bike almost certainly still quicker up.

Steep enough for this rider to have to push up…
    http://goo.gl/maps/7lS9Z

tpbiker
    Free Member

My mate was saying you’d be surprised by how many folks turn up to this type of thing, ie not that many. Apparently theres 500 spots in qualifying, so plenty of space for you and me to make a tit of ourselves Northwind 😉

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

nice, johnston terrace qualifiers is cool. tbh i’d prefer it to be up there!

Northwind

Ah, I see, I’d misread- I thought they were just selecting 30 people from the entry list, didn’t notice the massive potential entries! And it’s the night before an innerleithen enduro, that seems like ideal race practice.

Well then the important question becomes, do you get a numberboard as one of the 470 that don’t qualify? I have a badly painted wall to hide :mrgreen:

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Ah – so thats why its not in Bristol this year, I was looking forward to my normal trip to watch it as well, pity but it’ll be awesome in Edinburgh

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Red Bull Hill Chaser’ is closed to new replies.