Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Red Bull Hardline this weekend… Who else is going?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Having bought a ticket for this a few months back – I’m on my way to Dinas Mawddwy this weekend to watch some of this:

And this:

Will probs be scoping out Coed y Brenin afterward on the Sunday for a bit of Beast action before the light fails too.. 🙂

Anyone else? Shall we unveil a giant Singletrack banner beside the road gap? Heckle Gee, etc.. 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Almost bought tickets but didn’t….wish I had now. Jealous of your bit of Beast action too 🙂

geuben
    Free Member

I went last year. Was awesome.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

I assume most of stw turned down their racing invites 😉

philjunior
    Free Member

I assume most of stw turned down their racing invites

Yeah, uncle’s 70th and he refused to move the venue. 😀 I’ll have to try and catch some of the coverage, it really is quite spectacular, enjoyed watching it on the telly last year. Didn’t even consider the possibility tickets to see it live would be available!

stevied
    Free Member

I was going to go but ended buying a plane ticket to Vancouver instead. I’ll have to do Top of the World instead 8)

core

I really want to go, a mate and I had agreed to, but we left it too late and tickets are sold out.

I don’t live too far away, so we were considering taking the bikes, parking up somewhere strategic and finding our own way in……. I know the area pretty well from my other hobby (rallying).

Not sure how tightly marshaled and accessible it is though?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I don’t expect they will have a chance in hell of keeping anyone out of the more rugged upper sections of the course, as you say – its Welsh rallying country, fire roads and forests, etc.

The ticket apparently gives me a car park pass and cool festival wristband – so I can then access the sponsored event area and video screens, etc.

geuben
    Free Member

IIRC there was only one fireroad up the course which started in the event area. I did see some people on the adjacent hill to the right of the course(too far to see anything) but getting from there to the track would have been very hard.

core

It is a proper forest Dyfi to be fair……

singlespeedstu

It’s not actually in the main Dyfi forest though.

core

I take your point but I was meaning the general landscape surrounding isn’t the easiest to just stroll in to.

singlespeedstu

I agree.
    The hills around that bit of forest are quite open without any real paths.

core

So, long shot here – has anyone got any space in their vehicle? I think tickets were just £40 odd per car, bring up to 5 of you?

If so, 2 of us would be willing to pay a share and reduce your entry cost in return for a lift in!

We think we’re ordinary and non-rapey.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m gonna be in a mini, with two bikes in the back, so not much chance of fitting anything, or anyone else in!

frogstomp

Live on Red Bull TV for those who can’t make it.

fingerbang
    Free Member

i can’t get my head round that road gap, I was stressed sizing up chatel gap! It looks like nothing on the helmet cam footage, presumably cos they’re going so fast.

the only road gap I can think of like that is the Jaws one, re Antidote bikes. Same kind of vertical drop but the hardline one is longer. Other than that, its like something robby bourdon was doing back in the day.

re the renegade step up jump. After all the video build up I thought it looked small! plus both athertons are overjumping a bit Get that ramp moved back!

Dark-Side

core – Member
    So, long shot here – has anyone got any space in their vehicle? I think tickets were just £40 odd per car, bring up to 5 of you?

If so, 2 of us would be willing to pay a share and reduce your entry cost in return for a lift in!

We think we’re ordinary and non-rapey.

Hi Core, I might be able to help here. Drop me an email (email in profile) and I’ll see what I can do.

mikey74
    Free Member

Redbull Live is saying this is on at 7pm: Is that right? Surely it’s beginning to get dark around that time.

PrinceJohn

Redbull Live is saying this is on at 7pm: Is that right? Surely it’s beginning to get dark around that time.

Presume it’s a highlights package, rather than world cup style coverage, even tho it says live… although a small field & floodlight course could make it possible.

mikey74
    Free Member

Presume it’s a highlights package

That was my assumption as well.

PrinceJohn

That was my assumption as well.

Well according to Rachel’s instagram, it’s finished… so Red Bull’s claim of live @ 7.00pm BST is little bit on the erroneous side.

akira

Missing video, excellent work red bull.

PrinceJohn

Seems to be working now

EDIT: if a bit choppy

samwilk200
    Free Member

Cant seem to get it here…just says ‘broadcast will start shortly’

jmatlock
    Free Member

This really is what WC racing should be. The course is amazing. Compare it to somewhere like pietermaritzburg and this is another level.

The coverage and camerawork is ace too.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Got some crap about running on here. Is Red Bull TV usually so annoyingly bad to sort out?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

What the hell is this running rubbish.

mrhoppy

You’re doing well if you’ve got running. I’ve got nowt.

legend
    Free Member

No idea, Hardline is working fine here. They must fit have more than 1 ‘live’ broadcast going ?

chvck
    Free Member

I’m not sure why they’re saying it’s live, it’s gone dark… Working here though!

jmatlock
    Free Member

It’s working perfectly on the app. HD, brilliant coverage.

leffeboy

wow, what a fantastic course. Video is great when switched up to 720

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Working now after reloading the site twice.

legend
    Free Member

Val Di Sole was better anyway

andysredmini
    Free Member

I was there and enjoyed it. It seemed a bit tamer after the carnage of last year. I didn’t think the jumps were much different but the conditions were perfect compared to how wet it was last year. Good to see everyone make it down safely and glad Gee didn’t win (not that I dislike him I just think he has an unfair advantage having had access to the jumps before anyone else)

jmatlock
    Free Member

Thanks for talking about results before it’s finished. FFS!

andysredmini
    Free Member

??? It finished hours ago

jmatlock
    Free Member

It wasn’t shown on Redbull till 7. Not all riders have gone down yet.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Whoops. Sorry

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Red Bull Hardline this weekend… Who else is going?’ is closed to new replies.