Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recumbent bikes
  • grtdkad

Recumbent bikes – what’s that all about then?

Bloody death traps by all accounts, wobbling up our local hills, giving us regular bike-nobeds a bad name!

tommid
    Free Member

Rubbish thread! FACT!

grtdkad

What? A thread about bikes?

I genuinely don’t get them. I know they’re meant to be more efficient etc … but the one’s around here look hellish and a chrnic problem getting up and around junctions and hills.

What is the attraction?

rootes1

they are fun and with low wind resistance can go quite quickly.. also can be very comfortable

as bikes they are just ‘different’

I built one from crap and bits for my GCSE project back in 1992.. seat was not comfy as it was an old school seat.. it was a bit rough!

had to commute to school for a week to prove it worked.. was a single speed

had hair back then… as well

Davesport

I’ve got one of these bad boys.

Don’t know about more efficient 😕 They’re bl00dy hard work especially if you’ve not been on it for a while. If I use it a lot I get a very unattractive lump in the head of my quad down near my knee.

Wanna buy mine 😀

chiefgrooveguru

I used to want one of these until I realised the fun around corners would be offset by the increased chance of death by not being seen…

HowardMoon
    Free Member

Davesport, How much would that be roughly? Am mildly interested….

Davesport

Howard, let me get back to you on that one. I’d need to do a bit of research. For your info. It’s pristine, has the 105 upgrade to the front mech, the XT upgrade on the rear. Brake’s are Magura hydraulics. All options fitted from new by Kinetiks in Glasgow. Also has a rear rack fitted. If you’re seriously interested drop me an email to davesport at fastmail dot fm & I’ll post you some recent pictures & an idea of how much I’m looking to sell for.

D.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recumbent bikes’ is closed to new replies.