Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recruitment – Anyone used technology ladders?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A website promising lots of high end job opportunities but you pay up front.

Has anyone used them? Has anyone used anything similar? What were the results?

Or failing that, has anyone got a £70K+ IT technical presales role they need filling?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Stay well away form sites that want payment up front, it is against the law for legit Recruitment Agencies in the UK to charge candidates a fee to find them work.

It’s probably a scam.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Membership fee, not charged to find work.

Basic Free membership lets you register your CV and see the job descriptions. Full Membership lets you get the contact details for the jobs.

JulianA
    Free Member

There are plenty of other people out there who don’t charge.

I assume that you have registerd with JobServe and are getting a daily email from them?

Also have a word or two with MatchTech – extremely good people and located in Whiteley, so you could go and see them without too much travelling involved (and I always think actually going to see people will make them remember you rather than you being just another voice on the phone…).

My other favourites are Huxley and Progressive – but we are not in the same branch of IT, so your experiences may differ…

Good luck

Julian

vinnyeh

Look at it from the perspective of the employer- what outfits, with openings of the type you want, would want to limit their candidates to those that paid a subscription to a third party for the opportunity to apply?

I could understand it if somebody was desperate and looking for labouring jobs that weren’t going to scan for work permits, but a reputable company- come on!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

WCA – as an IT Recruitment Prefessional 😳 of many years, I can’t say that I think that would be money well spent.

Generally monster / jobsite / planetrecruit work pretty well. I do find that at the higher end your best bet is probably contacts you have & putting the word out with people who can recommend you.

I have nowt suitable at the mo, I do get them from time to time & happy to have a chat though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You kind of re-enforce my thinking. I will stick to emailing all my contacts and the free sites. Gee-Jay if you want a copy of my CV, just say

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

WCA

geoff at intuitive-recruitment dot co dot uk

drop it over & I will see if there is anything I can do …

lunge

Have you tried LinkedIN? It’s basically professional facebook but is very good for finding contacts and/or networking.

Free to join, some swear by it, might be worth a look.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am on LinkedIn and I think it is quite good. It is where I saw the Technology Ladders advert though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recruitment – Anyone used technology ladders?’ is closed to new replies.