Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Recovery/vitamins etc.
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Following a shocking nights sleep, poss. due to over-exertion yesterday (!), and a wicked case of DOMS in the week someone’s suggested I give ZMK tablets a whirl: http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/ms/zmk.html?_requestid=1278091

I’m not a big fan of protein shakes or supplements and prefer to go with a healthy balanced diet approach, protein & sugars (usually milk and a bit fruit) after exercise etc. Anyone got an (informed) opinion or real world experience on such things?

Apparently these are “good”. How can anyone tell what the difference would be? The DOMS I got this week won’t be the same next week – I did some exercises I hadn’t done for years, so expected to suffer – next week I’ll be slightly more used to them.

I’m training fairly hard FWIW, 2 x spinning sessions a week + HIIT class + core work + bit of running + hoola-hooping (awesome fun BTW!) as well as fun, but intense weekend riding. I have at least one, often two recovery days a week.

Do I *need* to spend my cash on what may do nothing of great value/maybe have side-effects (just surmising – have found no evidence)?

What good could 1250% of my “daily value” Vitamin B-6 do for me? Surely 100% would do?

Thank you for your time…

martinhutch

Lots of * next to those wonderful statements about phosphoric ATP inhibitory maximal protein subroutines*

Took a while to find the relevant paragraph they referred to:

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

ie they are probably horseshite.

There is justifiable concern about massively overdosing on some vitamins and minerals. Have a search for vitamin B6 toxicity if you’re interested. It is certainly highly questionable whether they deliver any health benefits over and above those you’d get from a normal, balanced diet.

* I may have made that up to sound all scientific and sell you stuff.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cheers for that Martin; I am a little interested, but it looks like I could spend a whole lot of time reading up and finding out very little of actual evidence that this kind of thing isn’t a crock of shit.

I might just go for a ride instead…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Recovery/vitamins etc.’ is closed to new replies.