Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Recovery from skiing
  • marcus
    Free Member

How long do people think it takes your muscles to fully recover from a (fairly full on)week of skiing. I got back a week ago, but struggled to run more than a couple hours yesterday due to my legs feeling completely shot. – I would normally get the same feeling in my legs after perhaps 4 or 5 hours. Something certainly wasn’t right and I’m trying to find an explanation. Cheers

globalti
    Free Member

A week of daily hard skiing will take a lot more out of you than you would think. Don’t forget also that the improvement comes as the muscles rebuild themselves in the days after exercise.

When I go away for two week overseas trips with absolutely zero exercise my legs always feel surprisingly strong on my return; it’s the cardio-vascular side tha deteriorates. I actually think that during the summer when I’m out twice or three times a week on the roadie including a very fast hooligan ride Wednesday evenings, I’m in a state of permanent tiredness and struggling to recover. Only a professional cyclist’s regime of balanced diet, physio and supplements would help overcome the tiredness – or being 30 years younger!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Recovery from skiing’ is closed to new replies.