Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • recovery drink/protein drinks
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Whose doin the best deals at the moment on the above I’m in the market,I quite like SiS but I’m will in to jump ship for a deal!.

banks
    Free Member

Frijji chocolate milkshake 2 for 1.50 at my local garage – unbeatable

BoardinBob

Someone will no doubt say milk, but for me milk makes me crap my guts out so I’m a big fan of

http://www.thesupplementstore.co.uk/chemicalnutritionprorecover-cnp_professional_pro_recover_1_2kg.htm

Jamie
    Free Member

Choc Yazoo for the long life option.

Someone will no doubt say milk, but for me milk makes me crap my guts out so I’m a big fan of

See…it’s helping clear out the toxins 8)

verticalclimber
    Free Member

whey protein from my protein .co.uk excellent value and low sat fats! all their stuff is good.

Kryton57

Recovery XS from my protien. Cheaper than milkshake and also includes vit c and the minerals lost through dehydration. Good for cyclists.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Morrisons 3 for 2 on 4 pints of milk.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

For goodness shakes?

tomhoward

Asdas own milkshakes. Pick a flavour. All delicious. Apart from the banana one, but still drinkable. £1ish a litre

djglover
    Free Member

+1 for milk, full fat with nesquik or stir in some yogurt

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I love SiS REGO but that’s cos I made it like that, and it works properly too

But if you’re comparing vs full fat milk with yoghurt I’d go a bacon butty and coffee, or substitute cake of choice*

*cake performance my vary

nealy
    Free Member

Choc Yazoo for the long life option.

This

Check the nutritional content compared to other recovery drinks.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

For a homemade option you can use, milk with a generous scoop of hot chocolate and a generous scoop of dried milk, add a banana and blend.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

After spinning I usually have a frijj or a for goodness shakes. I think I usually feel slightly more ‘recovered’ the next morning after a fgs, but of course there are other factors to this,

coopersport1
    Free Member

MyProtein.com Recovery XS after a hard ride and Total Protein as a nightcap if I’m riding several days on the bounce. I also likw the CNP stuff but it’s not as good value

johnellison
    Free Member

None of the above. Homemade lentil soup.

Blackhound

Sardines on toast according to Graeme Obree.

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite like For Goodness Shakes. I like the strawberry flavour and definitely feel better the next day. Have tried the others and the homebrews but it’s the only one that works for me.

Doesn’t play nicely with alcohol though

stevious

I’ve found milk + nesquik to be as effective as anything else I’ve tried. Has the bonus of being cheap and easy to get hold of.

micky
    Free Member

Bit off topic but some things which work for my recovery are creatine, smallish glass of white wine, bulking protien (a type that contains carbs,glutamine,amino acids) and lots of water. 3 pints in the couple of hours that follow exercise.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘recovery drink/protein drinks’ is closed to new replies.