Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recovering money from a business
  • z1ppy

I’m owed some money by a company.. they’ve closed their office and are not answering their (mobile) phones to me anymore. I’ve check them out on Companies House and their still trading. So I have an address and a company directors name. What next?
    Send a letter addressed to the company director (no-one I’d dealt with or heard of), to that address, requesting the cash? Then take it to small claims?
    Anything constructive I should be doing to increase my chance of recovering the money?

Trimix
    Free Member

Act now and fast.

Small claims court to the address for the director shown in companys house. Or just pop round and ask for cash, not a cheque which may / could bounce.

You wont be the only creditor, just make sure your the first to chase hardest.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

As above, small claims court. Be prepared to be on a list of creditors. If the firm has gone bust you may not get anything back.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yeah good luck, but if its a limited company you’ve got little chance of getting anything back. The fact they are still trading is immaterial as Companies House aren’t notified as soon as it goes tits up.

z1ppy

Small claims guidance says I must have made an effort to recovered/requested the money (seemingly with proof) before taking it to court. ‘They’ have started and dumped number of other business names but this one is the main one that sits in the background (they took the money and paid me using this company name)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recovering money from a business’ is closed to new replies.