Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recovering a Bricked Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Jamz
    Free Member

Bit of a long shot but I wasn’t really sure where to ask so I thought I may as well give STW a try. If anyone can offer any advice or point me to a forum where I might be get some help that would be much appreciated!

A couple of days ago I took my phone (Galaxy S3) out of my pocket only to discover that it was stuck in a loop – every time it got to the start up screen with the samsung logo it would restart again. After taking the battery out and switching it back on I managed to get it working. However, some data seemed to have gone including my contacts and background wallpaper. I still had apps, messages and photos though. I switched the phone off and since then I have not been able to get it back on again, it just gets stuck in a loop again which only stops when I take the battery out. I can still get into recovery mode and download mode.

I’m not sure why this happened, the phone was rooted, but not by me. I did some reading online and I was in the process of trying to recover it (I’ve done a factory reset) but I’ve realised that I don’t know which model my phone is and I can’t switch it on to find out so I don’t know which version of the original firmware to download and install. Is there anything I can do to find out or any way to get around this problem?

Thanks

Cougar

Weird that it ‘just happened’.

Dunno much about the S3 specifically, but I’d be looking on Android Forums as a starting point. They’ve served me well in the past.

dannybgoode

Could be completely unrelated but I have a Samsung phone (not an S3 mind) that does that sometimes and its when an appointment comes up in the calendar.

Doesn’t do it for all appointments and I can’t work out which ones upset it so much but found that changing the date so that the appointment wasn’t due got it to work.

Trouble is how to get in to the phone to chanhe the date to try it – mine you just removed the battery…

Cheers

Danny B

Jamz
    Free Member

I’ll give Android Forums a try, thanks for you help.

Unfortunately the battery has been in and out numerous times but still it shows no sign of life.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recovering a Bricked Samsung Galaxy S3’ is closed to new replies.