Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recovered bikes, ownership and insurance?
  • johnikgriff
    Free Member

As has been reported on here, a few (300+) stolen bikes have been recently recovered in the Chester area. Having had my bikes stolen on the Wirral I was keen to see if mine were there, they weren't.

But as it turned out one of my friends (who funnily enough we were out with the night ours got nicked) was one of the policemen involved in the bust.

So here's my piont, he has said they now seem to have a problem getting people to claim the bikes are theirs. They have now been paid out by the insurance and dont want to own up to the recovered bike in case they have to pay the money back. No matter what I bloody would have, the more they can prove the better.

Does anyone know what the score is with insurance companies and recovered bikes? I always thought they would belong to the insurance company, but could be wrong?

tinsy
    Free Member

Any info on how to claim a bike back, had 2 stolen from Essex, but wouldnt mind finding out if mine had made its way to Chester??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gooner
    Free Member

if the insurance company have paid out i would have thought that any recovered bikes belonged to the insurance company and not the person who had it stolen

scraprider
    Free Member

as per gooners post ,bike or whatever is left of it belongs to your insurance, it wont hurt to let them know tho,they may even say you can keep it or buy it off them.just a thought.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What gooner said. I guess they CBA dealing with it and let the Rozzers get on with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recovered bikes, ownership and insurance?’ is closed to new replies.