Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recording inbuilt DTV ludite help….+ DVD playing
  • EhWhoMe

Right i have a tele with inbuilt DTV which im told i can’t record as there is no output for it…ok fine i understand that..just 😕
    I already have a DVD player that has a HDD but it can only record analogue tv on it due to the above which is no good.
    So i looked at the Humax Hd dtv recorders as they seem highly rated but they don’t have a DVD player Built in..

Does a Dvd player + HiDef DTV tuner/recorder actually exist as my local Curry’s man said no..

trying to avoid several boxes under the tele..

Thanks..

MarkyG82

We have a humax dtv box and a dvd box for the same reasons. Its the only answer currently.

Why not get a slim line dvd that can bolt to the back of the tv. That way it’ll be hidden.

EhWhoMe

Cheers Markyg82 seems amazing it does not seem to exist.. could go the route of a slimline dvd player good idea that..

How do you find the Humax box

MarkyG82

Humax box is great. We have 2 in the house and many friends/family have them after trying ours. Maybe doesnt have the ‘ipod’ usability of sky+ but still really easy to use.

Stoner
    Free Member

I want a TV with an integrated freeview HD tuner, DVD player and PVR recorder in it, but no body makes one, which seems nuts 🙁

EhWhoMe

Aye stoner why don’t they build a harddrive and all that malarky into the tele…this could be my first million 😛 fancy a partnership Mr Stoner cos im useless at electronics but can hit things with a hammer if that helps..

Stoner
    Free Member

Im more hammer than soldering iron myself.

You just know that the first company to do it though will be a Chinese knock-off out fit from Guangdong and it’ll be terrible but only cost £99 🙂

jwt
    Free Member

http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-dmr-bw880
    Panasonic DMR-BW880,

In basic terms, it’s a Blu-ray recorder with built-in 500GB hard-disk and twin Freeview HD tuners, so in that sense, it’s no great departure from DVD recorders of yore, save for its HD capabilities.

£700, but could maybe be found cheaper online?

MarkyG82

£700 :-O WTF!!!!

get a Humax and PS3. Job done with the gaming addition also.

jamiec360
    Free Member

What model of tv is it? I’ve got the Samsung 40C7000 it’s got free view HD, Internet apps (iplayer, YouTube etc) and does recording. The recording is to an external USB hard disk, had an old 500gb western digital lying around use it and it’s been great so far only real issues with recording is it only has one tuner so can’t watch one record another and it reformats the HD so can’t easily swap it between pc and tv.
    I’ve got the matching blu-ray player as well and in fact it has most of these features itself, that said hardly ever use it as my movie collection is mostly ripped to my pc and I can stream from it to tv using dlna across my home plugs works really well and really reduces the amount of kit you need in the living room.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recording inbuilt DTV ludite help….+ DVD playing’ is closed to new replies.