Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recon PSI mystery
  • mlbaker
    Free Member

Hello, I have to Recon Silver’s that needed some TLC which they got but they still have an issue where I can pump them up way above the psi for my weight (80kg = 100psi) and they don’t feel any noticeably harder. I’ve got them at 200psi now.

Anybody got any ideas?

mlbaker
    Free Member

Any one???

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Do you need them harder? If not, why do it…..?
    Do they leak? If you check the pressure after a couple of weeks, has it dropped much?
    How old are they? Ever been serviced?

TBH there’s very little to go wrong in a recon silver! 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does your shock pump work right?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you’ve got a blockage or bad connection on the schrader valve on the fork so when you pump you’re just pressurising the pipe on the shock pump

mlbaker
    Free Member

It started by me playing about with something that wasn’t broken…

I have just serviced them: new seals and oil with a full clean of all the internals- no sign of obvious damage. And yes PeterPoddy there isn’t much too them!

The shock pump is a candidate which I can’t rule out yet as I haven’t got a spare.

And my mate at work has given me some spare valve cores which are going in once my boss leaves the office!

mlbaker
    Free Member

A new valve core seems to of sorted it out; not sure what was wrong with the old one but it clearly wasn’t working properly

walla24
    Free Member

how many pumps does it take to pressure up?
    if its only a few then it may be your pump (doesn’t take much to fill that little hose)

mlbaker
    Free Member

No, definitely the valve core as; the pumping was a lot ‘stiffer’ before but not it pumps up in a more regular fashion (if that makes sense!?).

And I fully recommend servicing forks as they feel supper smooth now!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recon PSI mystery’ is closed to new replies.