Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • recommned me..a good route in brighton or a club night for when im on hol there
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

holidaying in central brighton near queens park at the end of august.any one know any/nearest good route within cyclable distance of there or is there any regular mtb club nights in brighton area?

Mackem

Dont know about "good" but theres the South Downs way and the Downs link, pretty long off-road stuff, not exactly technical though.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Brighton mtb are out on thursday nights, meet at 7.00pm at the university. Very friendly I am sure you would be welcome. Loads of great cycling in stanmore park, and of course the South Downs.
    Brighton MTB website They normally do at least one ride every weekend. Best to drop them a line first rather than just turn up.

timnwild

Hello – you can get onto SOuth Downs Way at Devils Dyke, directly north our of Brighton. But if I were you, I'd get the train to Shoreham (ten mins) and get on some of the farm tracks and downhills around there. OS or GPS or both should sort you out for directions, but for starters:

Go up Lancing Ring from the a27

Head across the ridge and up to Chanctonbury Ring. Then you could follow South Downs Way back to Brighton, or do one of ten or twelve different loops you can take in and around the area, depending on what you like to ride.

Feel free to email me (profile has address) if you want some more tips.

DaRC_L

Sorry just got to let my inner pedant out…

it's Stanmer Park

and relax…

DaRC_L

timnwild – bu**er the train. From Queens park you can head out to the North and East e.g. Stanmer park and from there up towards Ditchling Beacon.

Another simple route would be to drop down to the seafront and take the undercliff pass to Saltdean. From Saltdean turn inland and search the OS map for the Bridleway that takes you upto the SDW.

Basically the SDW runs roughly East-West the North side of the Downs has the steeper drops if you like it a bit more gnarly. Nothing really major

It all depends what your are looking for – one of the old STW mags had several loops.

Jezwick
    Free Member

Sorry just got to let my inner pedant out…

it's Stanmer Park

and relax…

agreed, it really is very good up there these days !!!

timnwild

DaRC_L – just representing my hood mate 😉 Must try Stanmer one of these days – not like it's far away.

woodsman
    Free Member

As Zukemonster says, come along to the sports centre car park, at Sussex Uni, Falmer 7 pm on a Thursday and ride with B'mtb – you'll prob need lights for the last hour or so though. Or, email them and they'll let you know if there is a local (same meeting place) ride on that weekend. Or, you can ride the open South Downs – your choice.

mike61
    Free Member

Hi,
    Check out <http://brightonmtb.org/&gt;

Contact us at brightonmtb@hotmail.com

We ride every Thursday evening rolling at 7pm from Sussex University, and as Pete says we often ride from the same place on weekends – any excuse for a ride is welcome so get in touch.

Cheers

bigsi
    Free Member

If you want singletrack then its best to find a local who knows the Stanmer Park area so hook up with Brighton-MTB at the Uni car park ready to roll at 7pm on a Thursday evening.

If you fancy getting over Worthing way then there is normally something local going on at http://www.southdownshosting.co.uk/smtbsite/ just have a look at the arrange a ride thread for details.

Might see you at one or the other of these 😛

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘recommned me..a good route in brighton or a club night for when im on hol there’ is closed to new replies.