Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RecommendmeanelectricianinReadingtrackworld
  • mtbfix

As above. Can anyone recommend a sparky in Reading. Need some additional sockets and a new consumer unit putting in.

rwamartin
    Free Member

Too far away to help but in commissioning the work ensure that the electrician is a member of one of the part P bodies – ie NAPIT, NICEIC, ELECSA to name a few. You should expect an Electrical Installation Certificate to be completed and supplied to you and the work notified to building control on your behalf, which you’ll have a copy of.
    A CU change should take around a day assuming a normal 3 bed type house and the proper testing is undertaken (often longer than the CU change itself). The CU should, in most circumstances, have 2 RCDs covering all circuits.
    The cost of a fully populated 10 way CU is around £100 plus vat.

Any questions/concerns, give me a shout.

Rich.

siwhite
    Free Member

Look up a chap called Lee Quinlan – from Basingstoke but he may venture north. Just finished a load of work for us – quite happy with the whole arrangement, and our house hasn’t burned down yet. All paperwork in place and delivered by email certifying etc…

weeksy

Throw me an email, I have someone for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RecommendmeanelectricianinReadingtrackworld’ is closed to new replies.