• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jes.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommended me a bag for work that..
  • vondally
    Free Member

A) does not bobble, scratch, denude,destroy my clothes.
    B) is comfortable – ideally with handle to carry it with
    C) carry a laptop, files and general clutter
    D) relatively stylish and reasonable price
    E) no briefcases, attaché cases or Alan partridge esque man bags please

I have used or am currently using a Timbuktu 2 commuter bad so a shouldr sling, handle padded area for laptop not bad but the cordura material is so abrassive. Used Crumpler messaged bag same issues of rough material and no handle. Rucksack…. Caused several comments going into meetings and set a tone, apparently.Leather bag like a satchel but no space for laptop and uncomfortable.

Any suggestions?

aP
    Free Member

Ally Capellino I use an AO satchel which doesn’t seem to be on their website anymore. Also Millican?

jolmes
    Free Member

I have an Osprey Flare. Fits laptop in and clothes for the day and lunch plus more. Only a chest strap though so a bit loose on the hips but that’s not bothered me, very flappy straps though. Keep meaning to pin them in

Cougar

Use rucksack, remove laptop from rucksack before meeting?

jimdubleyou

Get a less rough crumpler bag.

I have one of their “business” bags and one of their messengers.

The business one still looks smart after a few years of abuse, but the material seems to be a finer weave than the messenger.

It’s called a Good Booy Slim, but they change the names all the time, so not sure if you can still get it.

petec
    Free Member

i had one of these once

very good

davidr

I’ll echo the above about the Osprey Flapjack, although I have the rucksack version and have no problem taking it into meetings (although I do work in the tech/innovation world).

maccruiskeen

Rucksack…. Caused several comments going into meetings and set a tone, apparently.

A tone of aspiring not to have your active working life prematurely curtailed by chronic back pain? 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Given the damage to my back and neck through Rugby it was and is very much to relieve the chronic back pain. The audience I sometimes work with can be very very diverse, some do not necessarily feel comfortable with a ‘ gentleman attired to partake in adventurous activities.’ 😕

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Another vote for the Osprey Flapjack, plenty of room. lots of pockets and compartments for laptop etc. Mine is a few years old now so design may have changed

cp

Couple of guys at work have Swissgear bags, I know they’re rucksacks, but they really are excellent.

https://www.swissgear.com/backpacks/laptop-friendly?limit=all

maccruiskeen

Given the damage to my back and neck through Rugby it was and is very much to relieve the chronic back pain.

Sounds like you need one of these then
    🙂

wombat

Another vote from me for the Osprey Flapjack.

househusband

Something handmade..? Got one of his bags ten years or so ago and not a stitch has loosened.

Home

jes
    Free Member

Northface messenger, was on sale about a week ago on their website

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommended me a bag for work that..’ is closed to new replies.