Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommended helmet for 18 month old son?
  • cjr61

My lad is 18months old and we’ll be taking him out in the Weeride soon. Any reccomended helmets for little ones?

Cheers

Chris

stox
    Free Member

At that age something you can find that fits. IDon’t recall there being much choice when I looked for mine at that age …I got one in Halfords that does the job .. he never takes it off!

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

We got a Specialized small-fry for our 18 month old. She seems comfortable in it and wears it without any grumbles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Abus make excellent kiddy helmets

ant77
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Giro Scamp. Comes quite highly recommended, is light and has protection around the back of the head like an ‘all mountain’ type lid.
    A quick check seems to indicate a good fit, but will play with the straps tonight/tomorrow when there is an extra adult to entertain him while I fiddle!

spacehopper

we have a specialized Small fry as well..

the adjustable headband has fitted her since she was about 18 months but the outer shell was a bit too big at that age really.. a problem you’ll find with most kids helmets at that age i think..

The smallest models most companies seem to make are designed for kids who will be old to enough to ride the bike themselves rather than go in weerides or similar..

cjr61

Thanks all. Some great options there. Will start researching!

akira

Specialized are good, magnetic buckle great design for small ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommended helmet for 18 month old son?’ is closed to new replies.