Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommendations please, helmet cam, bullet style
  • naffa
    Free Member

I havent used a helmet cam for a couple of years but I’m getting a few extra road miles in this year and have had a number of close passes in the past couple of rides.
    I have a go pro style camera which mounts neatly to my seat post but I’d like a bullet style hd cam to attach to my helmet. It doesnt need to have its own mounting system as I can mount it with velcro straps or cable ties.
    It needs to have a decent battery life and expandable memory.
    Whats about? Whats recommended?

TIA, Nathan

nathb
    Free Member

I’m using a Panasonic A1 that I bought from thisisnotaspoon from here for like £20 – it’s very small, full HD, brightly coloured, connects to my phone for viewing and the battery lasts about 90 mins.

Video example:
    [video]https://youtu.be/QoYQH4L4ZsI[/video]

naffa
    Free Member

Thank you. One for me to research at a more reasonable hour.

iancity1
    Free Member

Had a Drift stealth2. Good little camera but had poor service from company after it stopped working 18 months down the line. They refused to repair it (too costly) and all they offered was “have a look on ebay, you may find a refurbished one”.
    Now have a Roadhawk+ cycle specific one, really pleased with it. a word on the mounting tho, you cannot use zip ties unless you buy a tripod mount for it (its mentioned in the Amazon reviews and makes sense when you see it).

naffa
    Free Member

Cheers ic1

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve got the panasonic as well. Nice form (light and low profile). You can run it off an external battery pack if you want and film all day.

But… the mounting options are poor (I bodged something in the end). Only does 30fps at 1080 (it does do 60fps at 720 though).

It’s not a bad compromise, and it is cheap, but if I was buying now I’d look at a hero session. Not much bigger profile than the panasonic despite being a cube.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations please, helmet cam, bullet style’ is closed to new replies.