Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommendations please for a spin/exercise bike
  • bigbadbob
    Free Member

Hi there,
    I am hoping to do more winter training this year and thought of getting an exercise bike, anyone recommend a reasonably priced one for me. It would just be something I could keep a eye on the mileage and be adjustable speedwise.
    Cheers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What about a turbo trainer and you existing road/mtb? Ive never found spin bikes to be half as comfy or realistic.

Then you can go mad and get Trainer Road too, which will make you feel ill, sick and like dying (but fitter)

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Will they fit on my Orange 5? I was thinking of something standalone, so I didn’t have to faff about too much when I do go riding.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rollers? Easy to pop the bike on and off and not too bad with knobblies. May not be great if the bike is covered in filth though.

If you want turbo then may also want to budget for a cheap spare rear wheel with a smooth turbo tyre.

If you still want something standalone maybe look at hiring something for the winter as cheap spin bikes really are shit. You can even hire Wattbikes but they are a bit pricey.

Alternatively a cheap turbo and a cheap (or SH) bike just for the turbo. I think Halfords were doing a deal with a cheap road bike and turbo for about 400 quid a while back.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Buy a cheap 2nd hand road bike with big gearing and a turbo.

Surely a decent exercise bike will be £400 +?

My turbo cost £140 feels very realistic and I use a 20 yr old rusty road bike, but its comfy and feels right

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, second hand road bike = >£100
    second hand turbo = >£75?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations please for a spin/exercise bike’ is closed to new replies.