Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommendations please for a 'bike packing pillow'
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

I bought one of those ‘Trekmate’ inflatable pillows from Tiso. The outer cover was good, it packed down small enough but I didn’t like the whole ‘wobbly’ inflated thing under my head. I must have woken 4-5 times with a crick (is that a word?!) in my neck before I ended up stuffing the outer with my down jacket and some shorts…worked fine after after that. This worked as the weather was dry so all my gear was nice but if everything was wet then…

Anyone recommend a better solution rather than bringing my own pillow slip and stuffing it with whatever is dry?

ninfan
    Free Member

Part full/semi inflated camelback.

STATO
    Free Member

the best solution I found was to stop using a pillow at home 😆

jimdubleyou

Anyone recommend a better solution rather than bringing my own pillow slip and stuffing it with whatever is dry?

I stick a fleece in a stuff sac

trail_rat
    Free Member

clothes in a dry bag with a buff over works nicely for me.

0 additional bulk/weight

molgrips
    Free Member

Pillows are prohibitive for bike/backpacking, I think. The qualities that make a good pillow are diametrically opposite to the qualities of good bike packing kit!

As above, use clothes. Not very comfortable, but it’s just one thing in the list of things that aren’t very comfortable 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

Dry bag stuffed with whatever’s to hand/left over. If needed then shoes/boots underneath the dry bag to lift things a bit higher.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I often use a vango half moon pillow, which fits nicely into a sleeping bag hood and stays in place. However, as said above, it’s just not cricket if you carry such luxuries. Dry clothes in stuff sack

thenorthwind

As above, stuff a dry bag with whatever’s soft and not being worn. A down jacket in a dry bag makes a very luxurious pillow.

I don’t like that bouncy feeling either, so don’t close the dry bag, or squeeze most of the air out and don’t roll it too far down.

If you’ve got enough spare clothes, put the whole thing inside a t-shirt or similar so you’re resting your cherubic rosy dimpled ones on soft fabric rather than bare dry bag.

mountainman

Or old school scout trick ,stuff bag full of bracken/grass/hay in the absence of thick fleece.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, I like that idea!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations please for a 'bike packing pillow'’ is closed to new replies.