Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommendations of a wifi/wireless colour printer please.
  • rockhopper70

I’m after a “budget” wireless printer for the kids to use for schoolwork.
    Any suggestions…..it appears these can be bought for around £35 but these cheaper ones appear to have a multi-colour cartridge. My home office printer has a cartridge for each colour which I hear is more economical as only the colour depleted needs to be replaced?

Any experiences at all?

Cheers

Sui
    Free Member

wireless = never works in my experience – got a Epson x405 at work – it’s fooking useless, can never connect to the thing.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have a Epson XP-412

No issues, and the scanning to cloud stuff comes in surprisingly handy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Canon Pixma MG5550 inkjet printer. Simply to setup on Google print, Airprint and wireless printing. Good results and cheap cartridges. £60 at PC World and Staples.

dknwhy

I’ve got an HP Photosmart and it’s been pretty good.
    As for ink cartridges, if you buy genuine ones from shops it can be almost as expensive as the printer itself.
    I now buy pattern cartridges from Ebay as it’s just generally for homework , flight confirmations etc so the quality doesn’t have to be amazing. I think the last lot I got was £7 including delivery for all the colours and 2 xl black cartridges.

blurty

Is it worth getting a colour printer that uses toner rather than ink?

(The replacement cartridges are expensive, but do they last longer?

jfletch
    Free Member

Do not buy an Epsom. The cheap ones are shit quality and the software prevents you from using all of the ink in the cartridge if it thinks it’s empty.

Do not buy an HP. You can’t easliy use cheap third party inks due to the print head design.

I realise this doesn’t leave much choice of cheap printers but the moral of that story is “don’t buy a cheap printer”.

rockhopper70

well, i was hoping to spend around £50 on the printer which will, for now, see quite intermittent use. For any heavy use, they will wire up to the ‘big’ home printer.

hammyuk
    Free Member

HP 2540 here and it “works”
    Tablet, mac, laptop, iphone all print to it fine

Sui
    Free Member

just mine that’s shit then..

Jamie
    Free Member

Do not buy an Epsom.

How about an Epson?

The cheap ones are shit quality

Really cannot say I have noticed this. My one prints, scans and hasn’t folded in on itself yet.

and the software prevents you from using all of the ink in the cartridge if it thinks it’s empty.

At £13 for:

10x Epson Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges T1816XL To Replace Epson Daisy 18XL Inks Cartridge (Contains: 4x T1811 Black, 2x T1812 Cyan, 2x T1813 Magenta, 2x T1814 Yellow)

From Amazon, even if it’s true, it’s not a major issue.

Anyway. Pro-Tip on whatever you buy, don’t upgrade the firmware if it’s all working ok. Updates are usually just countermeasures against 3rd party inks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations of a wifi/wireless colour printer please.’ is closed to new replies.