Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommendations for things to do near Llanberis
  • momo

MrsMomo and I are heading over to Wales after work tomorrow evening, camping in Llanberis. We’re going up Snowdon on the train on Sunday morning, but I’m looking for something to do to keep us entertained on Saturday. So lets have your recommendations for things to do nearby, any nice walks (nothing too strenuous, SWMBO doesn’t want to do a big walking weekend – hence the train on Sunday) or any nice places to visit.

Also any nice pubs for lunch nearby would be handy.

Thanks

rusty90
    Free Member

Electric mountain is worth a visit

bencooper
    Free Member

Heading up Dinorwic is a good walk/climb/scramble, especially if you get up to Australia level, there’s loads of old stuff about. And fantastic views.

Not sure if the bomb store is still accessible:

Bomb Depot 5 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Oh, and Pete’s Eats is brilliant for grub.

jekkyl

Taking bikes?

martinhutch

+1 for the quarries. Excellent fun and very impressive in places.

Electric mountain is pretty good.

Or sit in Pete’s all morning stuffing yourself with large amounts of greasy food, then browse all the outdoor shops in town without actually buying anything.

hammerite
    Free Member

We spent a very rainy day visiting the slate museum, having a ride on the train by the lake and electric mountain. All good stuff.

Non strenuous walks…. walk round the lake.

If you have a car head to the coast, some lovely beaches around there. Or the walk some of the Anglesey coastal path.

ThePinkster

Take a trip on the Talyllyn Railway or if you want to go a bit further afield try the Welsh highland Railway to Caernarfon then wander round the town & castle.

Zed
    Free Member

Zipworld is nearby. 100MPH zipline 500ft above a mountain lake.
    I enjoyed it, my wife, not so much 🙂

martinhutch

I enjoyed it, my wife, not so much

Video of her terrified face or it didn’t happen.

oddjob
    Free Member

Caernarfon castle was a favourite of ours when we were kids. There are loads of beautiful places around there. Bedgelert (?) and as said the coast is also very nice.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Nice circular walk round Llyn Padarn, back through Padarn woods, with halfway lunch stop at the excellent Caban cafe.

Head for a coast and castle day – Caernarfon castle followed by going to the beach at Dinas Dinlle (lovely cafe for lunch) – can be done as an easy circular cycle on quiet lanes and cycle path.

Head for Waunfawr – get the Welsh Highland train to Beddgelert – spend half day there doing easy riverside walk / lots of cafes / excellent icecream – railway back to Waunfawr

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for things to do near Llanberis’ is closed to new replies.