Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommendations for sub £100 freeride/xc chainset
  • whitestaircase
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m in the market for a decent sub £100 chainset for freeride/xc. I’m considering the Shimano SLX as it gets good write ups, but does anybody have any other recommendations?

Cheers!

Ewan
    Free Member

SLX is by far the best choice at that price. Nothing for that money comes close (e.g. race face’s budge offerings). The only other thing worth considering is Deore if you don’t need the extra strength, but there isn’t much in it, and the SLX looks better…

Just to add assuming no one is selling it on offer at the moment, it’s normally cheapest to buy from the german bike shops – e.g. Rose bikes are flogging them for 90 quid at the moment – delivery takes about 3 days in my experience).

catsplums
    Free Member

if you can wait for Sept when I get home I will be removing a XT chainset from my bike I am splitting, it has less then 200 miles on it and apart from chain marks to the rings the arms look like new (m770) 175mm arm length.
    if your interested and can wait a bit drop me an email ngalloway @ gmail . com

it will be posting in here in Sept anyway if you aren’t interested.

cheers

Dickyboy

Rose bikes knock out both the Deore & SLX at damn good prices too 🙂

honourablegeorge

SLX on sale at CRC right now, and a £10 off voucher shoudl be easy to find on here with a search

Unbeatable at that price.

whitestaircase
    Free Member

Chain Reaction had the SLX at £79, with a £10 off voucher code that made it £69… but I missed out, now back up to £89 and the code has expired!!! £&%^&$%&

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for sub £100 freeride/xc chainset’ is closed to new replies.