Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommendations for selfcatering bunk house or nice b&b for 4 near Coed y Brenin
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Please and thank you 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

There is one, on the main road, that does both. They’ve got a bunk house (above a shower room etc) with kitchen and the like. They’ve also got a very nice B&B. We opted for the camping barn and were the only occupants – but then it was December a few years back, and snowing. There were a few couples in the B&B and all seemed happy with their (luxury) lot.

We managed to have breakfast in the house too, which was very, very good.

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/barn.htm

palmer77
    Free Member

@gonetothehills Do they have secure storage for bikes at all? Thanks.

richpips
    Free Member

I’ve a friend who has a log cabin not far away, and crucially 1/2 the price of others on the site.

I’ll get her email tmw if you’re interested.

Northwind

Tegid’s place in Machynlyhtlyhthcthylcl? Th? Google for Holey Trail.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teg’s place is called Reditreks .recommended.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Torrent walk has a great bunkhouse with secure lock up too.
    At Dolgellau.

hugor
    Free Member

Cadair view lodges. Excellent accommodation and facilities. You can ride to CyB from there.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Have a look at hitthehills.com i’ve just been on one of their weekends in the Dales and had an amazing time , really good ridin but fantastic food and hospitality . Have a look at the web site as they are doing a weekend it that area soon

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

could I recommend a self catering bunk house or nice b&b for 4 near Coed y Brenin

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Can’t recall on the bike storage – I think we may have taken them into the bunkhouse but it’s a couple of years back now – sorry.

MrGreedy

Heulwen guest house in Llanfachreth is our venue of choice for club trips (3 or 4 years running now I think). The location is superb, with gorgeous views while you enjoy a beer on the patio, and they’re a couple of miles from the CyB trails (rideable if you’re keen but bear in mind it’s uphill on the way back). Andy and Heulwen are fantastic hosts, and can also do cracking evening meals if you need a bit of carb loading.

Edit: And they have a big garage for secure bike storage

valleydaddy
    Free Member

+1 for Heulwen I’ll be staying there next time I go to CYB

palmer77
    Free Member

@richpips that would be great thanks. Any idea of cost? I’ll also have a look at Heulwen.

Thanks for all the replies 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

There’s Plas Isa right in the centre of Dolgellau

Car park right behind it so easy to get to

baz2963
    Free Member

I always stay here…

http://www.trawsfynydd.com/index.php?loc=33

Used for it for 4 trips now with 4+, very clean, only £19 each and 15 mins drive to coed y brenin.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for selfcatering bunk house or nice b&b for 4 near Coed y Brenin’ is closed to new replies.