Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommendations for new PC speakers? (>£100)
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Sorry, another "what speaker" thread.
    Should say, I know very little about audio equipment etc, Im not "really into music" as some people would say, but I do listen to a lot of music, ie as much as I can.

Anyway, hopefully moving into new flat new week. Theres already a set of JBL Creatures (http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Creature-White-Mac-Win/dp/B0000SY4SG) which I have been pretty impressed with (most my listening so far has been laptop speakers or headphones). Plus they look awesome 😀

Anyway, Id like to get another set for my room, and for moving to the lounge when needed (although that may not be that often as we already have the above).
    Id like to spend less than £100, ideally around £60, but depends whats available really.

Not sure about 2.1, 5.1 or whatever. Would be good to get proper surround sound sorted for my room, but then hassle for moving about I guess? with 5.1 systems can you unplug just 3 speakers and move them (and use them as 2.1), leaving 2 units in the room?

Can you get speakers around this price with a remote (Im guessing you'd only be only be able to control volume)?

So any recommendations for decent sounding speakers, which look OK (ie preferably not just black boxes), and are a decent price? Any good deals going around atm?

Ill just be using it with a laptop and mp3 player for now I guess.

Any thoughts would be great 🙂

Duane.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Acoustic Energy Aego M – period!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Bose Companion 2 Series II

Duane…
    Free Member

Bit too much £ I think 🙁

duntmatter
    Free Member

Harman Kardon Soundsticks II – I got a pair in perfect condition for £60 on ebay. Very pleased with them.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Creative did a really good set of 7.1 THX ones. They sounded brilliant once set up. Not sure they're available anymore though.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Shop around (got mine for £85 on eBay), but they have gone up.

Still worth the current asking price (all day long).

You will NOT be disappointed!

Duane…
    Free Member

Cheers for the recommendations, any others? To be honest, the lower I spend the better to be honest, £60 would be good. Dont mind going second hand.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for new PC speakers? (>£100)’ is closed to new replies.