Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • recommendations for laptop repair in Exeter?(includes warning story for locals)
  • kaiser
    Free Member

recently needed the power connector sorting on my toshiba laptop (it had migrated inside …apparently quite common)
    Took it to Computer hypermarket ( which is the closest place to where I live in Pinhoe)I was suprised to find a small industrial unit ..not exactly what I had expected , with me as the only customer . Oh hell i thought it's convenient , so after being quoted £70 for a repair I agreed.
    On collection a few days later I paid up and went home to enjoy STW once again.
    when I plugged her in I immediately noticed some of the keys weren't working but then was more pissed off when I saw the casing had been damaged also (with a piece missing where it had snapped off)
    Phoned the guy up and back to the shop.
    He denied having broken it then suddenly remembered he'd seen a bit of plastic on the ground and it was obviously broken beforehand …but would be happy to glue it back. ….GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    I wasn't happy but asked when it would all be sorted and he said next day.
    Anyway to cut a long story short (sorry guys need to vent)
    the repair to the casing lasted 2 days, the repair to the power connector 2 weeks and after a heated phone call I told him I'd see him in court.
    In hindsight I now realize it's going to be impossible to prove re the
    damage + I need the original repair doing again but am really wary if he wants to open up my PC again (god knows what he may inject to retaliate)
    btw I just googled the store and he'd been done for installing fake software on customers PC's only recently . 🙄
    Anyone got any useful advice apart from Bombers/google before/etc
    thanks
    Bill
    ps if anyone is really interested ..this is the problem/solution to a dodgy toshiba connector (only found afterwards)not done by computer hypermarket

bassspine
    Free Member

There used to be a little place on South St near the health food shop, he did a good repair on a laptop for a mate of mine. I don't go that way very often, dunno if he's still there…

tim41
    Free Member

There's a guy based on Fore St called Brian Fowler (i think), who sorted out my work PC last month when it got zapped by a virus (don't ask…) All OK now, for a reasonable price.
    He might be the one bassspine's on about, has moved shops quite a bit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘recommendations for laptop repair in Exeter?(includes warning story for locals)’ is closed to new replies.