Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommendations for Home Insurance providers
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi all,

Boring I know, but….

Buying our first house and need to get the insurance. I won’t buy the cheapest insurance, but also cannot afford the most expensive.

Can anyone recommend an insurer that they’ve found good when it has come to claiming?

Any responses will be much appreciated.

Cheers

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Give Nationwide a wide berth. Front door kicked in, called to arrange having it made secure until it could be replaced, they wanted policy number before they would confirm whether or not I was actually insured and what the policy covered, which they obviously knew. With a kicked in front door all you want is to secure it and get on with clearing up, but no, not with Nationwide. The big issue was securing the door and they wouldn’t entertain even talking about. it Soon as the policy is up, I’m off.

traildog
    Free Member

Another recommendation to avoid Nationwide.

They said my bikes would be insured so I took out the policy. They then said, oh no, we won’t insure them. After that I had a bit of a fight with them they said they’d honour the insurance.

They’ve now said they won’t insure my come the next renewal date.

alanl
    Free Member

Swintons were good for me this year.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Halifax – paid out twice very quickly

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses guys..I’ll look into Swintons and Halifax

jekkyl

avviva or legal and general. Both of these firms value their customers, I’ve heard lots of stories and had personal experience about both firms paying out to a decent level.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for Home Insurance providers’ is closed to new replies.