Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • recommendations for good (not so well known) horror films?
  • ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Rec is a good shout although stay away from the third installment as it’s beyond terrible.
    The loved ones is not a bad film, bit bonkers like.
    Martyrs, Frontiers and Switchblade Romance are some good French offerings.
    Session 9 creeped me out.

sweepy
    Free Member

Not really a scary horror but Ive just enjoyed watching trollhunter

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Martyrs is good, check another French film called Inside.
    Excision I really enjoyed, especially the dream sequences 😀
    Three extremes
    Ichi The Killer
    Sympathy for….
    Oldboy
    The Chaser
    Audition
    Battle Royale

HTTP404
    Free Member

I Saw The Devil (Korean)
    Martyrs (French)

konabunny
    Free Member

Oldboy and Crimson Rivers aren’t exactly underground, but you mightntve caught them first time around.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Don’t bother with Cabin in the woods .. absolute drivel!!

petergee
    Free Member

Have you seen Creep? Brit flick from about ten years ago. Uncomplicated, creepy (set in London Underground) and a really quite hideous creature.

verses

Not sure how unknown it is but I really enjoyed Sam Rami’s “Drag Me To Hell”.

The-Beard

Some interesting films on there, a few added to the list (though now we live on the edge of a forest in a detached house the wife gets pretty freaked out by any horror films! Barely been allowed to watch any…) I prefer ones which get under your skin and linger, not gore fests or jump out your seat frights.

Ones missed which I liked:

Let The Right One In – the Scandinavian one, really loved it. Not the scariest film but beautifully shot and really well done.

Stakeland – little indie flick about a vampire apocalypse (makes a change from zombies), surprised me a lot by how good it was and the climax sticks in my head somewhat.

The Road – it just got under my skin. Really quite haunting.

binners

Wolf Creek is pretty damn Scary
    The original Japanese version of Dark Water (not the pointless Hollywood remake) is properly creepy

HermanShake
    Free Member

It’s more ‘horror’ than horror. Worth a punt.

nicko74

Old Boy (again).
    Audition is fairly… interesting.

And I loved the Mist – B movie feel, not gory as such, but it gets you thinking lots

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The original “Dark Water” is CREEPY throughout.

Can’t go wrong with a bit of David Cronenberg, or maybe if you want something really odd check out Nightbreed.

ittaika
    Free Member

another vote for ‘outpost’ – great film!

‘rare exports’ – not gory at all, definitely more of a horror-light, but good fun.

maccruiskeen

The second one is out too, not all the fans of the first one took to it but thats because its sort of a different kind of film about the same of thing, rather than a continuation of the first, although it does follow the first chronologically . The second is a bigger action/adventure/journey rather than the dank claustrophobia of the first one . A third one, which is a prequel, is in post production just now, its set in the 1940s and involves lots of fisticuffs .

footflaps

I downloaded Outpost II the other night, was a straight to video job, but I’m keen to see what it’s like….

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘recommendations for good (not so well known) horror films?’ is closed to new replies.