Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Recommendations for full sus for 2.3k
  • lowey

Sorry but this is for a friend. He has a budget of 2.3k and is looking for a full suss for general riding. Mainly rocky Lakes and north Wales type stuff.

I have no clue at all so thought I’d ask more knowledgeable people.

Cheers all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anthem SX and change.

chakaping
    Free Member

How big does he like his wheels?

Would you help him build something up if need be?

lowey

No he wants one fully built. 650 or 26″. For some reason he does not want a 29’er.

Keep them coming please guys.

Thanks.

NormalMan

The Commie in the news section looks a good option if you…erm…your mate 😉 doesn’t mind 26ers. Fair bit of change left too.

jecca
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Blur LTc. Large. New build.. If he could stretch his budget by £300 :0)

rhayter

How about a lovely new Rocky Mountain Altitude 750? 150mm at both ends.

http://www.greenoversports.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=156_251_257_259

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

YGM

TheFlyingOx

Radon Slide Carbon 650B?
    Carbon frame, Pikes, Reverb, etc. and it’s under the £2.3k budget.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

A canyon or rose bike for that kinda cash

wors

he can have my orange for that 😉

postierich
    Free Member

In the market for a new bike and Iocal riding is the lakes I,m hoping to get one of these bang on £2,299

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/whyte%20t130%20s%202015//bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/58848

doug_basqueMTB.com

On those trails the Orbea Rallon would be amazing. Models from around the £2k mark. It is a fantastic ride and more and more shops are stocking them in the UK.

continuity
    Free Member

I dont understand, why would you buy a new bike?

2300 will buy you like, a **** blinged up bronson or HDR or zesty carbon or something.

wiggles
    Free Member

Whyte T130 S

chestrockwell

I dont understand, why would you buy a new bike?

2300 will buy you like, a **** blinged up bronson or HDR or zesty carbon or something.

Some people don’t like the idea of spending thousands on a second hand bike that could turn out to have all sorts of problems and no warranty.

I did it once (£1800 from memory) and ended up having to replace the Fox 36’s as they were buggered below the seals. Most of the groupo was far more tired then it seemed on initial inspection too.

Plenty of very good bikes at that price so why take the risk, especially if you plan on keeping it a good while?

tenfoot

If the frame warranty was transferable and the seller could prove the bike wasn’t stolen, I would consider it. Otherwise, I’ll have a new one thanks.

lowey

Must admit Doug, the Orbea’s do look lovely. Seriously though it isn’t a stealth wife avoidance post. It really is for a mate. I’m very happy with me Bronson thanks.

that Giant also looks very nice.

dingabell
    Free Member

Saw last years Giant Trance advanced for £2300 somewhere on tinternet last week.

bikeneil
    Free Member

so thought I’d ask more knowledgeable people.

On here? Try again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rode last years altitude and it’s a nice bike, the ride 9 should keep any geo complainer happy too.
    If it’s N lakes then there are plenty of Demo bikes going round I seem to recall. Get out and try some.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Mondraker Foxy.
    It’s a great bike and right on the money.

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/ProductDetail/0/16436/Foxy-27-5-Bike-2015

6079smithw
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member
    NormalMan

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all tgat but that yt looks like something from tesco direct IMHO!

Anyone tried a Santa Cruz Bantam yet? They seem to be around this price point and would be on my short list.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Many choices, nice Zesty or Nukeproof TR for example

br
    Free Member

This years Trigger has just got a terrible write-up in WMB, and Cannondale ain’t happy.

arbie
    Free Member

Whyte T130, enough bike for almost anything without being to much and muting a lot of your ride

lowey

Oh I’m not so sure Normal Man. I think that YT looks really nice.

orena45

Commencal Meta V4 (150mm AM or 120mm Trail) is due out soon and looks good value throughout the range.

Or, Bird Aeris is stonking value though only taking pre-orders at the moment.

Thinking I might get a new full suss next year, and these two are the top of my list at the moment.

wl
    Free Member

Orange Five if he can afford one. Alpine 160 might be better for Lakes, but I think it’s a bit over his budget. Either bike is a belter. Second-hand defo worth a look.

chakaping
    Free Member

The YT paintjob probably wouldn’t be my first choice, but it seems to offer the least amount of compromise within the budget.

And their bikes have a great rep for how they ride.

Trekster

mikewsmith – Member
    Rode last years altitude and it’s a nice bike, the ride 9 should keep any geo complainer happy too.
    If it’s N lakes then there are plenty of Demo bikes going round I seem to recall. Get out and try some.

Some at Ae….

Will let you know how I get on once some bits arrive to finish mine 😆
    Supporting lbs btw 😉

When you see what these guys can do on a short travel bike makes you wonder why the rest of us “need” anything bigger?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Anthem SX and change.

But why the goppy paintwork spoiling a great bike??

Camber evo looks nicer and has proper wheels!!!

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I’d get the commencal at that price point, it used to get slated for having a good frame but components/suspension that sucked. Now it has all the good stuff on it and a cracking price.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When you see what these guys can do on a short travel bike makes you wonder why the rest of us “need” anything bigger?

I just took out the 2015 version 🙂 it was in the pure XC version with a 100mm fork but it was very capable, my mate had a few of the BC editions in (120mm fork and a dropper) which were popular. I also promised my mate that I would look after it so I had to step back from the bigger stuff 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for full sus for 2.3k’ is closed to new replies.