Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommendations for european trail riding holiday!!!!
  • havinalaff
    Free Member

Hi
    we’re looking at going on hol, (alps, pyranees etc) in aug/sept and wondered if anyone could make any recommendations. We have been to morzine /les gets downhilling in the past but would like to try something more trail riding orientated.

requirements are:
    uplifts / ski-lifts (fitness levels are ok some climbing is ok)
    epic singletrack descents
    somewhere half decent to chill, eat and drink
    either full time guiding or guiding availability for first couple of days

Have considered organising our own chalet in chamonix or maybe off to spain with switch backs, but would really appreciate any first hand advice from people on here.

Thanks
    Rich

wrecker
    Free Member
    Candodavid
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana were great last month for a group of 5 of us, village location in Sierra Nevada.
    Hosts were excellent both for trail guide and cooking, swimming pool and veranda.
    Trails were fantastic, lots of switchbacks, fast rocks, rock chutes, improved my skills no end.
    Days in the saddle ranged from 10am start, to getting back at 7:30 in the evening.
    Excellent knowledge for lunch stops, didn’t hardly spend any euros at all.

I will be going back again.

banks
    Free Member

Basque mtb – it’s a bit good, has set the bar very high for future hols.

Plus the food & drink are pretty good

havinalaff
    Free Member

looks great, how much per person did that work out at?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/album/1988585/video/44791598[/video]
    [video]http://vimeo.com/album/1988585/video/45116906[/video]
    Usual White Room vote, variety, food & Guiding with some friendly people

Candodavid
    Free Member

We paid £395 each, group of less than 4 is £415 each.
    Cracking value for money

jambalaya
    Free Member

A lot of the popular companies are sold out, you’ll have more choice if you go in Sep but you need t check uplifts as lifts often shut

I went with Trail Addiction to Destination X last year – excellent and recommended, out of the way stuff, cool very French village
    White Room I skied with (excellent) but when I looked in Feb they were largely sold out for biking already
    Rivera Bike – have heard very good things and ridden in the Surrey Hills with one of the co-owners delightful lady and fine rider – they’d be a good option for Sep I think

Edit: Trail Addictions Dest-X promo video, pretty representative. We saw a handful of other riders all week. Riding definitely has the wow factor, a mixture of wonderful and ‘kin ‘ell I’d better not fall off here as its a bloody long way down

[video]https://vimeo.com/57684595[/video]

Northwind

I’m not sure if White Room have added their extra places to the uplift-season holidays, I think probably they have but worth checking to be sure as they are so damn good. Bike Verbier and Trailaddiction’s areches-beaufort setup got a look in for us this year too as they get equally legendary customer feedback.

havinalaff
    Free Member

White room appear to be fully booked.

Quite like the idea of spain. Who needs chairlifts if they offer an uplift service.

Thanks for the idea’s keep them coming.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

only ever been to the Les Arcs with Trial Addiction. Thought it was amazing.

Loads of singletrack with a day around the dh track and trails.

chimpymcchimp

Was going to recommend White Room, shame they are booked, they’re really good people.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for european trail riding holiday!!!!’ is closed to new replies.