Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommendations for cheap mtb holiday in europe
  • bohngy
    Free Member

Talentless XC rider seeks cheap holiday location, for fun times and possibly more.

I’m after a somewhere warm (possibly ruling out the UK) with some hills, nothing extreme as I’m a bit shit. I’ve got two weeks off work and thought I would have a few days away. No idea where to start looking… So if you had any links/suggestions that would be great.

jambalaya
    Free Member

What bike do you have ?

Mackem

Where do you live?

bohngy
    Free Member

I’m in kent. Currently riding an old ‘dale hardtail with a generous 80mm travel! But I’m looking for another bike this week!
    Don’t know why, but I was thinking of Portugal, but I’m not set on it.

Mackem

Southern Spain. Cheap to get to Malaga airport. Cheap while there. Hot. Nice trails.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I only asked as if you want cheap I assumed you where going to take your bike – it does sort of depend upon what you might buy, then there is the issue of transport costs etc

bohngy
    Free Member

Mackem, any areas you recommend, or where to stay?

mahalo

found a flyer for here on my windscreen https://www.mtbspain.com/ looks decent.

Trekster

Also depends on your definition of “cheap”. I would guess where you live you can get cheap flights+bike/sports goods charge? Booked my flight to Malaga earlier in the year @250 inc bike from Newcastle(Dumfries)
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189117-d2367519-Reviews-The_Mountain_Bike_Adventure-Lagos_Faro_District_Algarve.html

Trekster
    Dudie
    Free Member

Ride Macedonia

Cheap Wizzair flights to Skopje

steve_b77
    Free Member

That bike Bulgaria is meant to be very good and about £275 a week

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based right on the beach we offer uplift assisted enduro and XC riding on some of the best singletrack in Spain. Some superb bars and restaurants for the après-biking.

Reviews: Trip Advisor
    Web site: Sierra MTB

tonyplym
    Free Member

These guide books are quite good if you fancy doing a DIY trip in France.

Rorschach
    Free Member

http://bike-bulgaria.com/
    I can guarantee you will enjoy yourself….you may not remember large portions of it till later but that’s half the fun.
    Seriously Ian is a legend.

hammerite
    Free Member

Kent makes for an easy channel crossing. Stick bike and tent in car and head where you want. Or loads of apartments in or around ski areas that can be picked up for not too much in the summer. Make it even cheaper and take people with you to share the cost of travel/accommodation.

Summer in the French Alps is generally warm/hot although you can be unlucky and get some dodgy periods. Austria is excellent, being on the northern side of the Alps means it can sometimes be a bit cooler.

kiwiem
    Free Member

AQR Holidays in the usually sunny French Pyrenees (I’ve rarely had really bad weather July/Aug/Sept).

Ian & Kate adapt rides to suit rider abilities, offer coaching if that’s what you want and there’s also hire bikes you can try. Superb location, awesome trails, excellent food if you opt to stay in Le Lutin and really good value for money. Just gutted I can’t get out there this year.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for cheap mtb holiday in europe’ is closed to new replies.