• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommendations for best energy drink?
  • Bullet

Interested to know what you guys are using – I’m currently using Lucozade Sport powder – wondered if there was anything that was better at helping with muscle soreness/tightness during a ride – if such a thing exists?

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I used to use energy drink powders in my camelback but they used to give me stomach problems and I suffered cramps regulary. I started using NUUN tablets they are a tablet you drop into the water and they dissolve they dont have any calories they are just full of all the electrolytes and salt you sweat out. They are easy on my stomach and cramping is a thing of the past (touch wood). For energy I eat home made flapjack and bananas much tastier and a good excuse for a breather to enjoy the scenery.

sq225917
    Free Member

Amphetamine and milk..

thomthumb
    Free Member

my preference is torq drinks; because they taste nicer than most. orange and lemon ones taste like squash and not *too* sweet.

muscle soreness sounds like something that drink may not fix, only cycling more/ training will help that.

unless it’s cramp in which case you need electrolytes (salts) which i think the torq drink has.

muscle tightness means you need to stretch more.

HTH

aP
    Free Member

Torq natural and a nuun tab, + torq gels + bars for more intense riding.

wee-al
    Free Member

I use High 5, energy source 4;1. It’s a mix of carbohydrates and protein and other stuff (magic possibly). It’s all i’ve been using for the past year or so and i love it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Home made. 1/3 apple juice to 2/3 water plus most of a teaspoonful of salt and a teaspoon or two of sugar. All the electrolytes you need and a mix of sugars

Bought products may be more convenient but check the ingredients carefully – some rely purely on sugars for their isotonic nature, some contain salts

crikey
    Free Member

Half water half flat coke does the trick cheaply enough.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

High 4:1 on long rides (4hrs+), Energy Source on shorter ones.

Both fantastic, easy on the stomach, nice taste and works brilliantly.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Same as wee-al, after reading the website (and assuming that they are probably all pretty much the same anyway) got their stuff ‘cos they had a race-pack-introductory-deal-thing, liked it so stuck with it. Go through phases of using it almost all the time so using it just for bigger rides. Am less fit that those I ride with but have not run out of energy since I started using it. Ended up with the fruity one again (shop had it, too late to order over net) but think citrus one is more refreshing.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

another vote for torq here

aP
    Free Member

Hi-5 gives me stomach cramps, on the way back in on the Dragon Ride last year I had to stop and make myself throw up to get rid of it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for best energy drink?’ is closed to new replies.