Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommendations for an all day ride
  • RickyRah
    Free Member

For the last few years I’ve taken my birthday off work and gone for a long ride. To give you an idea, past rides have included the C2C, a 200 mile road ride and the SDW last year.

I live in London and wouldn’t mind doing the SDW again or even attempting the double. However, I don’t own a MTB anymore so it would have to be on my CX bike which might be a bit much?

Does anyone have any recommendations for long rides (either road or CX-friendly off road rides) in the UK?

kayak23

Well I recently rode from the Midlands to London on the Grand Union Canal. I did it over two days stopping in an Hotel in Milton Keynes. You could go the other way maybe and get a train home from however far you get in a day which will likely be further on a CX bike…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

London to Brighton off road? The BHF route is 75 miles, so you could go down have chips on the front, and come back? All easily doable on a CX bike. Bit boring in the middle though. (Downs Link)

qwerty
    Free Member

The Ridgeway?

RickyRah
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses.

I hadn’t considered the Grand Union canal so that might be an option.

I’ve done the London to Brighton route a few times before but it’s a nice ride on the CX bike.

I’ve not heard of the Ridgeway before. It sounds good but only half of it is bridleway?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for an all day ride’ is closed to new replies.